LEMON LAW

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2000, 02:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
36racin: I have used the lemon law on behalf of a client who got a 99 Suburban 2500 replaced with a 2000 model because of continuing anti-lock brake system problems. The lemon law "rights period" is usually 12 months from the date you took delivery of your new vehicle. If you have a problem with the vehicle, the consumer must allow the dealer a "reasonable" number of attempts to fix it. In Alabama, that means 3 times. In Louisiana it may be different. If the problem is not fixed (and it has to be the same problem, not a number of different problems), the consumer has the option of demanding a replacement vehicle, or a full refund of the purchase price (minus an allowance for mileage). If the dealer refuses to do this, you have to go through the dispute resolution procedure established by Ford (which means going to the regional level, etc...read the warranty documents). If the dispute resolution procedure fails to get you what you want,you can file suit, and if you win in court the dealer has to pay attorney's fees, which could greatly increase the price of poker for Ford. You should document your trips to the dealer carefully. Ford, just like any other manufacturer, is going to be hard to deal with on these type cases, and the problem you are having with the vehicle must be one which "significantly impairs the use, value or safety of the motor vehicle" (language from Ala. statute). Good luck with your problem. I hope this helps you some.

Old 09-22-2000, 02:58 PM
forgot my "signature":::

------------------
97 Lariat S/C Styleside; Superchip; K&N FIPK; 5.4; 3.55LS; trailer towing pkg; every option; Michelin XLT M/S 265/70/16;Pampering for LONG term.

Old 09-22-2000, 04:27 PM
36racin- You might look at this site for some more info. I was able to print the Kansas lemon laws.

Off-topic: I used to examine a bank in Gonzales. Good times!

------------------
1999 XLT SC, bright red, 4.2l, 5 speed, MAAP stainless nerfs, Prime Designs bug deflector, Astro Euro-Lid II, Mobil 1 Synthetic Oil and Transmission Fluid.

Old 09-22-2000, 06:20 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
36Racin... Ford is supposed to be buying back my '98 Explorer this week. (They have until Tuesday according to the settlement) Check out this site... www.lemonaid.com. It's run by a man named Brian Parker... he's got links to all different states, and can refer you to a good attorney there. He's handling my case... the settlement is pay off my loan, pay my attorney's fees and give me back all the money I spent on it (all my payments) less $1000 for usage. After almost 2 years and 3 months, I think that's a steal. He's fot a posting board there, so it can't hurt to check it out.

------------------
98 Explorer (Lemon Law Case in Progress)
Deposit on '00 F-150, X-cab, 4x4, Lariat, Off-road, Trailer Tow, Sunroof, currently missing the fuel filler door, but they're working on that..

Old 09-23-2000, 12:45 AM
Question LEMON LAW

WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS USED THE LEMON LAW FOR REPLACEMENT OF ILL RUNNING TRUCKS OR CARS. AND IF SO HOW WAS THE EXPERIENCE DEALING WITH FORD AND THE DEALERS?

Old 09-24-2000, 06:49 AM
Cool

THANKS FOR THE REPLYS EVERYONE. THE INFORMATION WILL BE HELPFUL. GDLAWYER I THINK I FOUND SOME INFORMATION ABOUT LOUISIANA LEMON LAWS AND IT STATES THAT ONE YEAR FROM TIME OF SALE AND 4 ATTEMPTS TO RESOLVE PROBLEM. AGAIN THANKS FOR THE INFO.

Old 09-25-2000, 02:05 PM
Does any one know if Canada has a lemon law?

Old 09-29-2000, 07:01 AM
Question

BLACK
TRY DOING A WORD SEARCH "LEMON LAW" ON YAHOO AND SEE WHAT COMES UP. THAT WHERE I FOUND THE SITE WITH THE STATES LEMON LAW INFORMATION. GOOD LUCK

Old 09-30-2000, 12:46 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
WWW.LEMONAID.COM. Call him (Brian Parker) at the 1-800 number and ask him... 1-800-737-6268. He deals with Ford all the time, and if he can't help you, he'll tell you who can.
No Charge.
-Joe-

------------------
98 Explorer (Lemon Law Case in Progress)
Deposit on '00 F-150, X-cab, 4x4, Lariat, Off-road, Trailer Tow, Sunroof, currently missing the fuel filler door, but they're working on that..

Quick Reply: LEMON LAW