Air Box Modified

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2000, 08:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Air Box Modified

Well..i wanna thank all the guys that posted on this board about the Air Box modifications.
I removed the baffle with no prob, didn't remove the sensor or the flex hose to get the baffle out either, only tools i used was a flat screwdriver, pair of needle nose & a pair of tinsnips to remove the baffle. Also removed the 3' to 2" piece that goes from the filter cannister to the fender & replaced it with a 3" Rubber Sewer pipe coupler which someone else did that gave me the idea...all worked great..already had the K&N filter so the out of the pocket expense for this mod was $4.00. Now its not all the tough a Job..a guy like me with 1 arm & a little mechanical background & it was done in 2.5 hours including the time to hit the hardware store.
Don't see much difference tho..reset computer twice.
Anyway..Thanks a bunch guys!!
If anyone needs a pic of the finished product just e-mail me..only thing that looks different tho is the 3" rubber sewer pipe coupler, the outside of the filter cannister i left intact & figured i would opt for the cold air instead of the hot.
E-Mail...rthuckeba@hotmail.com

------------------[list=a][*]All Black 2K F-150 XLT[*]5.4 Auto, 3.55[*]Super Cab, BedLiner[*]Class III Tow Package, Rear Slider[*]Keyless Remote, Cruise, A/C, CD Player[*]Tinted Windows[*]Bug Guard[*]Black Step bars[*]Billet Custom Grill[*]K&N Filter,Air Box Modified & inlet increased to 3" from Fender[*]Flow Master Force II Exaust with Single in, Dual out Behind rear Wheels[*]Stainless Hide-a-Hook Tie downs[*]HellWig LP 25 Overloads[*]Front & Rear Color Matched Light covers[*]Dash Cover[*]Still on to do list: SuperChip,Electric Fan(s) Rancho 9000's,
American Racing 16 X 8 Baja's, Snug Top or Tonneau[/list=a]

Quick Reply: Air Box Modified