broken down

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2002, 04:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
broken down

I had the key turned one click in order to listen to the stereo while I cleaned out the interior...I got done then about 15 min later I was getting ready to go to Loews to get some diamond plate for a little work on the truck bed. When I tried to start the truck to leave uiit just made this loud clicking noise. I tried to jump my truck off. When the cables were connected to my truck and my dad's car, my truck didn't make the clicking noise. It didn't make any noise. After taking the cables off, I tried to start my truck again....this time it started making a siren sound. I stopped and tried to start it again. This time it made the clicking noise again....any suggestions?

Old 01-02-2002, 07:20 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
You might try disconnecting and then reconnecting the battery cables. I used to have to do that to my old 5.0 GT Mustang every now and then. Even hooking up to jumper cables made no difference. Gave the post and clamp a good scrub with one of those battery post wire brush gizmos and the thing would fire right up.

Old 01-02-2002, 09:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

My 97 did the exact same thing. Check the battery cable down on the starter. I found that the cable corrodes and breaks off at the post. It seems on my truck I found that it was in the direct spray of any road grime, dirt, or salt.

Quick Reply: broken down