Reseting computer on 2k f150

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2000, 08:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Reseting computer on 2k f150

How do i go about doing this? i have modified my intake alot,, and the motor is running terrible.. the idle is all over the place and i smell unburnt gas.. This intake is just temporary untill i get my K&N and i couldnt keep the stock one...

Thanks

Old 06-28-2000, 08:48 PM
CPT1,

Please explain how you modified it "alot"?

Also you should check the sensors on the airbox assembly and make sure everthing is connected properly. And maybe check the vacuum lines for being properly connected and not being kinked or pinched in some way.

Old 06-28-2000, 09:59 PM
Lightbulb

Disconnect battery, turn on headlights, wait a few minutes, turn off headlights(be sure you do this), connect battery, watch gauges for limit spikes when ignition turned on.

------------------
2000 F-150 XL,RC,LB,5.4,4R70W,3.55LS,
4-wheel disc/ABS,Chestnut/Parchment,
Ford bedliner & gas/wheel/spare locks,
3" cold air box modification,Superchip,
Dynomax ultra-flow welded 3" cat-back.

Old 06-29-2000, 02:02 AM
By alot i mean really cut up... like its just a small tube with a filter at the end of it.. maybe 1 foot long.. and i have all my vacuum stuff hooked up on it.. I can't run the stock intake cause it hits my hood now..

When i have the map sensor disconected the motor idles better but feels very weak. When i have it connected the motor feels stronger but idles terrible.. like up and down.. and will stall sometimes

Perhaps its best just to wait for the K&N

Old 06-29-2000, 07:19 PM
Dang dude, what landed on you truck and crushed it's suspension? No, really, you don't drive it like that do you? That's gotta be the lowest truck I've ever seen, well I guess you couldn't go any lower could ya?

------------------
2000 Lariat Flareside Supercab, 5.4, 3.55LS, towing package, captains chairs, 6 disc cd changer, Bugflector II, Herculiner Bedliner and clear corner lenses.

Hey, it's my dream, I'll make it as big as I want

Old 06-30-2000, 02:24 AM
Hehe nah its on bags.. so i can drive about a foot off the ground if i need. When its down it sits on the rockers. You could go lower if u cut the rockers. but it was hard enough getting it this low..

Old 06-30-2000, 11:26 AM
JMC
Technical Article Contributor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Cpt1,

Wow! That's your problem. The dang thing is dragging all the dirt up into your air filter. ;-) Must be a B*tch to get a jack under it to change a flat. Seriously you may have a vacuum leak somewhere. Check all your connections. The IAC valve tube connects to air cleaner outlet tube as does the PCV hose. Check that these are connected properly at both ends and that they are not kinked. Has the MAF sensor been checked? Is the throttle cable or cruise control cable binding?

Regards

Jean Marc Chartier

------------------
00 F-150 XLT SC Flairside 4x4 4.6 w/5spd 3.55LSD
Warn XD9000i, skid plates, Draw tite class III,
Rancho RSX Reflex shocks,
Borla Cat Back
Modified Air Cleaner Outlet Tube
and air box, K&N air filter,
Superchips

Quick Reply: Reseting computer on 2k f150