HELP ME

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2000, 01:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

I would absolutely raise hell about this!!!! If it is not to late..take pictures incase they try to cover it up!

That is pathetic!

------------------
2000 F-150 XLT, 4x2, 5.4L Supercab, Superchip, Styleside, Black with silver two-tone, 3.55 rear, class III towing package with heavy duty cooling package, 4 wheel disk ABS, overhead console, sliding rear window, keyless entry, dark graphite interior, in dash CD, factory leather wrapped steering wheel, Pendaliner bedliner, K&N air filter, rubberized undercoating, cabin filtration system, Bugflector II, 5W-30 Mobil 1, engine build 10/4/99

Old 04-05-2000, 04:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, take pictures.

Everything should clean up ok. Just make sure they machine the flywheel if it is a manual.

If you run into electrical problems, make them replace the parts.

------------------
'98 4.6 5-sp F-150
We've come for your Tundra.

Where we started.
After a facelift.
A 2" drop!

F-150online Photo Album

trixters-playground@excite.com
Truckin' Magazine!

Old 04-05-2000, 05:13 PM
dlb
Arrow

Also, make sure to pay with a Credit Card in case you need to dispute anything down the road. The Credit Card company will then take care of the rest.

------------------
On order since 3-13 2000 F-150 XLT Supercab Wedgewood Blue
  • 2WD w/ 3.55 Limited Slip
  • 4.6L w/ 5 speed manual
  • 16" 5-Spoke Aluminum Wheels
  • Keyless Entry
  • Stereo w/ Single CD
  • Sliding Rear Window
  • HD Electrical and Cooling
  • Medium Parchment Interior

Old 04-05-2000, 07:17 PM
Angry

Do you ever hear voices telling you to go home and clean your guns?

Old 04-05-2000, 07:54 PM
At a minimum, demand a new alternator. If they balk at it, say one word. ELECTROLYSIS. The alternator is made up of several dissimilar metals. When it's immersed in an electrolyte (water that's not pure) you get electrolysis.

Make sure you take down the serial number of the old alternator to make sure they don't just wipe it off and put it back on your truck. At a minimum, put an identifying scratch mark on it.

Old 04-06-2000, 12:36 AM
Question HELP ME

HELP ME PLEASE!!!! I have my truck in for repaires for a head gasket blown on a 97 F150 V6. Anyway I went yesterday 4/4/00 to pick up another car, well I looked at my truck and in the bed water was standing about 6 inches of it in the bed, well the alternator was in the bed standing in the water, about half of the alternator was under water, the flywheel was all rusted up from being in the bed also rained on, also the oil dip stick and it's tube was in the water covered up, along with a lot of other things. Should this hurt these items is my question?? Thanks for the help guys and gals!!

Harold
New addie is motorcycleman43@hotmail.com I've seen some Ford workers in here befor...I hope they respond to this question.

Old 04-06-2000, 12:41 AM
I wouldn't stand for that. You need to raise some He!! with the Service Manager

------------------
1999 Super Cab XLT
Windsor 5.4 complete w/ Piston Slap at no extra charge (Thank you very much)
3.55 L/S
Intake Silencer Removed (ask me I've got the pics)
White w/ Grey interior
LoJack Anti-Theft System
Bug Deflector
Aluminum Tool Box
Bed Mat
CCA Redfish Decal
TTMB Sheepshead Decal
madams@ev1.net

Old 04-06-2000, 11:00 AM
Unhappy

I took pictures the day I took the 1st car back. They should be here today 4/6/00. I just hope they come out and they show the water and how deep it was. I talked to the service manager yesterday, I just couldn't do nothing, so I walk in and just asked for the service manager and we walked out back where my truck has sat for 1 month and two weeks in the weather and showed him the mess, he just stood there with his mouth open for a second, and said your right...this is not right and we will take care of it all for you no mather what it takes. I had to cancel one of my race track stops (motorcycle race) because they had my truck for so long. (I did luck out though the track did give me a refund for the race I'll miss this weekend)
That is not a bad idea though to mark the alternator or write down it's number.

Thanks to those who replyed, I was hoping someone would see this as a BIG SCREW UP for them. I'll also need to check the top of the cab, my hood sat there for over 2 weeks before they put it on the grass in front of the truck.

Sorry for the long post. I could write more but I'll stop for now. I'm getting pis@$^ off just writing this. Later all and thanks for the ideas.

Old 04-08-2000, 07:06 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just wondering why they had the truck 6 weeks? My brothers truck had a bad head gasket, and they had it back to him the next day. Was this a ford dealer? If so that would be the last I took anything back to them. Just my .02 worth.. Good luck

Old 04-13-2000, 12:26 AM
Angry

Yes it is at a Ford dealer. They had to order the crank bearings because anti-freeze leaked into the #3 piston. They had the bearings on back order for over 6 weeks. I was told last week that they were in...but still I have not truck. I'm going to ask them about a warrenty on there work...I'm hoping I'll get a 1year/12,000 miles on it...that way if something SHOULD go wrong, it's on them and not me this time. And you can bet I'll drive the _ _ _ _ out of it too, so if it's going to brake it will do it within that time.

97 F150 XLT 5spd V6 plus cab with less then 54thou on it. Anti-freeze got into the #3 piston caused to have the motor rebuild.

Old 04-14-2000, 09:08 PM
Angry

Well I just found out SOME MORE BAD NEWS on my truck today....I called and asked how my truck was coming along....the service writer that is working with me said she did not know but would check into it....she come back on the phone and said that she has some MORE BAD NEWS FOR ME....they NOW HAVE THE INTAKE MANIFOLD GASKET ON BACK ORDER FOR A MONTH NOW....they were going to reuse the old one...YES YOU READ RIGHT...THE OLD ONE...well the mechanc that is rebuiling the motor said he could not use it now because it had a small crack or something wrong with it....I could not say anything for a few seconds...she keep saying hello...hello....then HELLO...and I said sorry I had to pick up my lower jaw off the floor...and I asked her WHY WASN'T THIS ORDERED FROM DAY ONE....and she said because they were going to reuse a PAPER GASKET...NOW COME ON....What is this CRAP, reuse a paper gasket....NEVER IN MY LIFE HAVE I OVER HEARD OF SOMEONE OR ANYONE REUSE A PAPER GASKET BEFORE....now I have reused a rubber gasket before on my bikes...like the oil filter and the valve cover gasket....if they were still in GOOD SHAPE....but NEVER EVER have I used a PAPER GASKET AGAIN....I'm so MAD I COULD EAT NAILS and CRAP THEM OUT AT MACH7 and feed it to them. I've been on the phone most of the day talking to the HEAD SERVICE MANAGER and Easy Care (*the warrenty I have) to make SOME SENCE OUT OF THIS CRAP. I'm just a shade tree machanic but this is not RIGHT at ALL. I'm about ready to found me a LAWYER and take Ford to court over this mess. they have had my truck now for 2 months and 2 days, and now the gasket in question is on back order!!!

My lady as LOCKED UP ALLL THE GUNS SO I CAN NOT GET AT THEM....DOES ANY ONE HAVE ONE I CAN BORROW???? Yes I'm just kidding here...but I SURE WISH IT WAS LEGAL TO SHOOT THESE SUCKER...that should start with a F...but I'm sure the web master would delete that from this post. And I would not blame he one bit for doing so. Thanks for readding this long post....but I better stop now before.....never mine. THANKS AGAIN for this GREAT SITE SO I CAN AIR my FRUSTRATION!! Maybe I'll go and put in a application and get the head mechanc job. Because it sure doesn't seem like they KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING!!!!

E-mail me at motorcycleman43@hotmail.com, if you have anything you don't won't to post here. Thanks again for listening to me rant about this mess I'm in. I sure hope your troubles aren't this bad.

Harold

Old 04-14-2000, 09:27 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Red face

Easy there MotorcycleMan. Your 'gaskets' aren't made out of paper and the hospital might have them on backorder.

AAMCO just tore me a new one to the tune of two grand on my daughter's Honda transmission.

If you decide to work somebody over, save some for me. The transmission guy was just too big.

Old 04-14-2000, 10:37 PM
A friend of mine had a knack for summing things up. He once told me:

"...Now that you've finally got your roof nicely repainted, all you have to deal with are the footprints in the hood..."

(true story)

It never ends (god, I hate dealerships).

Good luck.

------------------
Y2K™

XLT SC SB 5.4L 3.73LS

Old 04-14-2000, 10:45 PM
While I'm on a roll...

...1980 was the first year for GM to use anaerobic sealers (form-in-place) in metal-to-metal engine parts. The vehicle was the first-year-run of the Chevy Citation.

I had a leaky water-pump-cover-to-block mating -- probably since the block was iron, and the cover was aluminum (duhhh -- didn't they learn enough about aluminum/steel electrolisis with their moldings that corroded off the sides of the cars in the fifties?).

This car was also the first-year run of the metric-fastener.

Since I had absolutely NO confidence that the mechanic would:

a) be capable
b) be diligent
c) be able to keep all the parts from walking off
d) be able to find a metric fastener to replace the one(s) that walked off
e) not ram an english fastener in place of the metric fastener that he lost.

I opted to put Barr's Leaks in the radiator of my brand new car instead of let some jerk perform the equivalent of an abortion on my new specially-ordered car.

------------------
Y2K™

XLT SC SB 5.4L 3.73LS

Old 05-05-2000, 11:24 AM
Angry

Well here is the up-date on my truck problems, well they did replace the alternator with a new one after I talked to them for about an hour, that was last Friday. They said to drive my truck and see if I see any thing else wrong. Well it is now jumping when I try to take off in 1st gear or when I try to back up....it's even worse when I back up my trailer. So I took it back to them on Monday so they could put the alternator on, I told them about the jumping in gear....they said after 4 days of having my truck, they have the fly-wheel on order now. (They knocked the rust off of it and installed it) Man I'll never be going back to them ONCE THEY FIX ALL THE PROBLEMS THEY MADE THEMSELF. I'm going today to get my truck back after they had it for three months and a week now. Then I'll be taking it back when the fly-wheel gets in. What a PAIN in the rear this whole thing has been. They could had saved themself and me a lot of trouble IF they JUST would have given me a NEW Motor instead of rebuiding my motor. The service manger there DID SAY that FORD is TRYING TO KEEP THIS ISSUE under wraps if they can so the rest of the V6ers won't found out about the probelms they are having with the V6's now. Now that's what I call NOT VERY GOOD BUSSINESS....thay KNOW THIS IS HAPPENING BUT WON'T OWN UP TO IT. In case you have not read a lot on this V6 trouble, you need to really talk to them and have print outs of these problems with the V6 have been replace BY FORD and not the custermer money. So stand hard with them, because they DO KNOW this problem is out there!!!!

Sorry for the long post. Come on 97 V6ers we must let FORD know we are not taking this lying down...we are madder then hell and we are not taking this CRAP any more!!!