Spindal Lift?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2000, 08:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Spindal Lift?

Ok-
I have heard many people talking about doing a 3inch spindal lift. can any explain to me what this is. What exactly are they replacing on the front end and how much does it actually lift the front end. what is the price of these lifts. It is my understanding that these lifts do not change the ride of the truck.

thank you for any help.

------------------
TAZMAN
2000 F-150 XLT Ext. Cab.4.2L V6 5 speed manual,3.55 gear 4X2 Toreado Red,Tinted windows,Flowmaster Dual Exaust. K&N filter, Two 10'' Kickers w/4 channel Kowler amp under back seat.

[This message has been edited by randygreen (edited 03-18-2000).]

Old 03-18-2000, 03:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

randygreen,
You will be replacing the oem spindle with an aftermarket. The new spindle lowers the axle 3" so when you reinstall your tires/wheels they will lift the truck 3". The ride remains the same but since you will get bigger tires it might be a little bouncy. The spindle you can buy from 4wheel wholesellers, if you buy the spindles under the Pro Comp brand they will be alot cheaper than bulleyes eventhough they are both manufacture by Bulleye. Do not ask me why but that is the way it is. I paid $415.00 for the spindles and $45.00 for a 2" block rear lift. I did the installation myself and saved about $200.00 in labor. It takes about 6 hours to do both, make sure you get somebody to help you out. My truck rides and looks great.
Hope this helps.

------------------
Black 99 xlt sc flairside,4.6 2w.d.,50 series flowmaster catback,
superchip,
rsx shocks,
hellwig sway bar,
3" lift procomp spindles,A/R PHYTHON,285/75/16 A/T B.F,2' BLOCKS REAR.

FUTURE MODS: driving lights, LS AND 4.10 GEARS.

Quick Reply: Spindal Lift?