99 F150 4X4

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2000, 05:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 99 F150 4X4

Does anyone know why my truck has a faint smell of burnt oil when I run it hard. I have checked for oil leaks (none) and I have also checked to see if it was burning oil. It doesn't seem to have either of these problems.

------------------

Old 03-07-2000, 07:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

My truck has the same thing,brought into Dealer had them look at it they found no leaks ,they did an oil change and put in a special dye so at next change they will look for leaks again.But haven't smelled it since oil change.The dealer is aware of head gasket failures but did say they were few and far between,as a matter of fact they called my house today and left a message to see if everything is okay.I almost fell over I couldn't believe that they actually care.Some service shops are okay.

------------------
99 F250 XLT LD 4X4 S/C,5.4,3.73 Limited slip,Bright red clearcoat ,4whl abs,remote start w/keyless entry and alarm,chrome rims,tinted,westin nerf bars,factory tonneau,superchip,K&NGen II fipk,pioneer in dash cd,pioneer amp,infinity kappas all around,Lund front runner bug sheild.Gibson split rear,stull SS grilles.

Quick Reply: 99 F150 4X4