FORD ENGINE TROUBLE? CALL FORD CEO HERE ARE NUMBERS

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2000, 01:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
YES I AGREE! lets respect Steves whishes. In my eyes this site has been a wonderfull wealth of information. I enjoy my truck and do realize I could of bought a Dodge or ?????, and would of had more or worse problems..................mlaugh

------------------
97 F-150 4.6 auto, 4x2, 3.55 LS, WMS Velocity tube, K&N, Dynomax Super Turbo exhaust with Echo tube.
Oh yeah, it's Oxford White with crome wheels, Legacy shell & custom grill!

Old 02-23-2000, 08:53 AM
F150online
Founder
Censorship?? Censorship??

You have got to be kidding me!

I am so sick and tired of people using "censorship" and "The First Amendment" as a way to justify being irresponsible!

"lemonford" what is your full name, where do you work and what is your direct phone number there? I think everyone here deserves to know that information. Why don't you add it to your signature and not post anonymously? Don't want to give out that information?

Is that Ford phone number valuable? Yes, probably to some people. But Ford has a chain of command that it needs to follow to get things done. If you don't think Ford is moving fast enough on the piston slap issue, realize they are a *huge* company. A fix will come, but it will take time.

In the meantime, I will ask again that you remove those phone number, for the best interest of this site.

Steve

Old 02-23-2000, 09:16 AM
Hey LemomFord
I am sorry you are having problems, but be patiant these things can take time.Just be lucky you don't have a GM product with these problems.
I have had two vehicals that had major problems, one was a Ford the other was a GM product. While Ford took a long time to resolve the problems, they did finnaly replace the car.
GM on the other hand fought, and ignored me, forcing me to file a lemon law dispute with the state.When we met with the state appointed modirator the GM rep pulled out his file on my car, it had 6 repair slips, he said I had only minor problems.When I showed my file on the car with over 20 repair slips, the modirator told the GM rep that they should replace the car, he refused.
So we went to the next step, going to court, where the Judge forced GM to replace the car, or refund my money.
So my advice, and experiance is that all Auto companies will try to fight you, and delay the process.So be patient and be thankfull you are not dealing with GM. Ford will eventualy resolve your problem.

------------------
1999 F150 4x4 4.6V8 regcab/shortbed
Oxford White with Wedgewood Blue two tone, with Blue Captains chairs
Bassani Cat Back, Superchip,Modified intake with modified K&N filter.

Old 02-23-2000, 09:17 AM
FORD HAS ALL MY NUMBERS AND I STILL CAN'T GET THEM TO CALL ME BACK. WHAT WOULD GIVING MY PHONE NUMBERS OUT HELP? NOW THAT IS A STUPID SUGGESTION. MY E-MAIL IS JWWATL1@MSN.COM FOR ANYONE WHO CARES (AND IF YOUR PROFILE FORM WORKED CORRECTLY YOU WOULD KNOW THIS.) I DO NOT POST ANONOMOUSLY. IF SOMEONE WOULD LIKE TO TALK WITH ME DIRECTLY E-MAIL ME AND I WILL SEND YOU PHONE NUMBERS. CALM DOWN STEVE. ARE YOU SURE YOU DON'T WORK FOR FORD? YOUR A MIGHTY STAUNCH DEFENDER OF THEM. kNOW THE LAW STEVE, NOTHING i SAID IS SLANDEROUS OR UNTRUE. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH DISEMINATING INFORMATION FOR OTHER CONSUMERS. IF YOU HAVE HAD ANY EXPERIENCE WITH FORD YOU WOULD KNOW THAT THERE IS NO CHAIN OF COMMAND...EVEN THE DEALERS WILL TELL YOU THAT. THEY JUST HOPE YOU GET SO FED UP YOU TRADE IT IN AND WALK WAY. YOU MAKE IT EASY FOR THEM. THERE IS GOOD AND BAD WITH ALL PRODUCTS, IT IS HOW THE MANUFACTURER HANDLES IT THAT DETERMINES CONSUMER IMPRESSION. IT HAS TAKEN ME 6 MONTHS TO GET THOSE NUMBERS. TO GET A LIVE PERSON. FORD CUSTOMER 1-800- IS A CALL CENTER WHERE ALL CALL ARE ROUTED BACK TO THE SELLING DEALERSHIP. dEMAND MORE!!! REMEMBER QUALITY IS JOB ONE!! NOW LIVE UP TO IT FORD!!!

Old 02-23-2000, 09:39 AM
Lightbulb

It all boils down to having a trouble free vehicle. If you have vehicle problems, trouble, then it's a service issue. I'll bet that most people reading this would call those numbers because they have had some kind of negative service experience (i.e., not getting the right answers from the dealer).

Anyway;

The posted numbers are probably already changed. Customer Care (Fords' firewall)passes along our complaints - "venting" is about the only accomplished by calling the CEO numbers.

WHAT WOULD BE HELPFUL: Access to a Technical Service Department to answer questions in lieu of getting tap-dancing BS answers from a dealership service writer. Sometimes it's difficult to get a straight answer when a TSB is not yet available.

RECOMMENDATION: Provide vehicle owners with the option to discuss technical issues jointly with the dearlership service department and the technical people at Ford - maybe a conference call made from the dealership could serve as the Ford firewall.

QUESTION: Are there "hidden" TSBs?

Old 02-23-2000, 09:52 AM
F150online
Founder
"lemonford" YOU need to calm down. If the way you have approached this issue is indicative of the way you are dealing with Ford, I can see why you are not getting any satisfaction.

Is what you posted illegal, slanderous or untrue? Of course not, nobody ever said that it was.

It does, however, show poor judgement to post somebody's direct line phone number in a public forum so they can call and b*tch about something.

That behavior can only serve to p*ss off people at Ford. Do I work for them, no. Do I want to protect MY interests here and respect them, YES.

If you feel this is the wrong approach, I am certainly sorry. But it is the rule here. If you don't like it, you can certainly go to other message boards.

And as far as your comment about "AND IF YOUR PROFILE FORM WORKED CORRECTLY YOU WOULD KNOW THIS" - if YOU knew anything about operating a web site, you would know that I have chosen to mask email addresses from public view to prevent spammers from having a field day here.

Steve

Old 02-23-2000, 10:11 AM
I agree 100%. I do not blame my dealership or the service guys trying to fix the truck. I think they are left out of the loop as well. Yes, these are machines and they are built by people, but my vehicle has a array of technical service bulletin problems dating back to 1997. Now why doesn't Ford engineering review these and re-engineer the vehicle with the modifications. The same problems keep coming up again and again and again. The bottom line is profit. It costs money to correct these problems and they are not going to spend it. They play the averages. Most people will ignore, or cannot be bothered with minor problems (like as long as the truck goes foward in the morning) Instead they think that have the muli-function switch replaced 5 times in 3 months (because the wipers come on by themselves) a piston slap (diagnosed by a Lincloln Mecury dealer) and then I was told that the computer gave a false reading and that there is not a piston slap. Ford sent out a field engineer who hooked up a laptop to my truck and re-programmed parameters. Now I have a piston slap and spark knock. Oh, and that oil leak. Its really very minor and does not affect engine performance. I was told this by the FE (field engineer) for Atlanta. He works for Ford!!! He said, "look, they are working out the kinks and they should be resolved by 2001." What about all of us who
who own previous model years? Do you think your getting a discount on your next vehicle NOPE!!! your paying retail..again. Do you know that when I met with the Ford regional engineer he was so shocked I had the TSB's all printed out. He wanted to know where I got them. Plus I had "testimonials" from many other Ford owners (from interenet sites)
sharing their problems. Ironically, so many of us had the same story over and over again. Hard for him to say, "Gee, your the first one that's complained."

About hidden tsb's: Don't know about that but I do know that my vehicle is now part of "Ford Special Customer Handling Program"
TSB 99S12-S1, Bulletin Sequence number 632, NHTSA Item Number SB606321. This is for problem vehicles. You can't hide the truth. Steve, Let the facts speak for themselves. If I am so "OFF" then no one will call the numbers anyway.

Old 02-23-2000, 10:27 AM
F150online
Founder
"lemonford" I am not debating whether or not you have a problem with your truck. You clearly do and it's fine to have a passion to get it fixed.

And, it's fine to exhibit that passion here. I like to think that this site provides a unique forum for everyone to air their views with the side benefit that it is frequently viewed by Ford. My goal is not to discourage that, nor will it ever be.

My issue is with posting an individual's phone number in a public forum. It is just not appropriate.

I will ask, again, that you respect my wishes and remove Ms. Smiths' name and phone number from your first post.

Steve

Old 02-23-2000, 10:41 AM
I removed Ms. Smith number (Ford Consumer Affairs) since this was her individual number at work. I did leave the Executive Office numbers for Ford posted because they should be public information.

Old 02-23-2000, 11:06 AM
F150online
Founder
"lemonford" Thank you. I agree with you and do not at all have a problem with your posting of the generic numbers.

[This message has been edited by webmaster (edited 02-23-2000).]

Old 02-23-2000, 11:23 AM
btr
Wink

As an owner of Ford Motor Company, I see nothing wrong with posting work phone numbers of Ford employees. I do believe in going through the proper channels to get problems resolved, but if that doesn't work you might have to go higher. Work #'s yes, personal #'s no.

------------------
1998 F-150 SC 4X4, 5.4, ORP, Red clearcoat, K&N, Chrome push guard, roll bar & tube side steps, Smoke bug guard and tail light covers, Black bed mat & Ford mud flaps.
www.wrtc.com/oldbook/Truck5.jpg

Old 02-23-2000, 02:38 PM
Don't you think that if I am that point that I have been through the channels? The dealership service guys say, "Yes, this is the problem. We have called Ford engineering and they are coming to look at the truck in 3 weeks. (Thats the next available time) In the meantime, just drive the Ford Taurua rental for 20 dollars a day because we have the motor mounts off the vehicle and are leaving it in the service bay. I bought a truck and have driven a Ford Taurus for 5 weeks out of my 6 month ownership. Who do I complain to? The dealerships hands are tied because they are just the retailer. They can't do anything until the engineer tells them what to do. Then the engineer, (who I am sure is overworked) reprograms my engine (because its all about software now) and creates another problem. Its like banging your head against the wall. Theres an old saying though 'THE FISH STINKS FROM THE HEAD" Thats why I call the head.

Yes the bulletin board is to help people fix their trucks. I am trying to help because if you have had any dealings with ford you will know what I am talking about. You would appreciate the executive office numbers because the subordinates CAN't help you!!! I had a service mngr ride with me and tell me that everytime these engineers come out they break something else. He said that they never really fix the problems they just shuffle them around until your warranty is up or you sell it.

This is how I am helping. I am telling people that if you have a serious problem with your vehicle. Don't expect any help from Ford. They will bandaid a problem, tell you they are all like that or your the first person who has complained. If you can live with that, fine. But know it coming in.

Old 02-23-2000, 05:56 PM
Wow lemonford, You chose the appropriate name. I've seen an article about simular problems on 20/20: http://www.abcnews.go.com/onair/2020...iaz981209.html

Or complain here: http://www.nhtsa.com/

This article showed people with new cars packed with problems. I mean from day 1 right out of the lot - major problems found. I don't know why but some vehicles tend to have every defect known to the auto industry.

If this is the case, I can understand why you posted those numbers. My dad bought a "lemon car" awhile ago. (I know it doesn't compair to your situation with your expensive truck but...) This car had every problem, every problem possible. The original owner called my dad and told him to get rid of it because it will cost a F'ing fourtune to up keep this vehicle. He said that even new and under warranty that car was always breaking down. My dad ignored him but found out for himself...

Maybe you should consider finding a way to get rid of your truck. Because if it is a real lemon, you'll find yourself at the dealership often.

I hope your luck will change soon, I would be so darn pi$$ed myself. I know you didn't pay for a new vehicle to spend the rest of its life with the hood open... Generally Ford trucks are pretty good, I bought my 1997 F150 10 months ago and no problems at all. I feel bad that you have to WASTE your time taking care of this truck.

Old 02-23-2000, 06:13 PM
Old 02-23-2000, 06:32 PM
1999 Ford Expedition 5.4L V8

Quick Reply: FORD ENGINE TROUBLE? CALL FORD CEO HERE ARE NUMBERS