9mm spark plug wires

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2000, 09:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking 9mm spark plug wires

I was just in the oemfordpart page and i saw a new item 9mm spark plug wires for the 4.6 for $85.00. Has anyone tried these wires? Are they better or tha same quality as magnecor or msd? If anyone has any info on these, please let me know. I am ready to buy new wires soon. Thank you

------------------
99 xlt sc,4.6 2w.d.,50 series flowmaster catback,
superchip,
rsx shocks,
hellwig sway bar,
2" rear drop,

FUTURE MODS: driving lights,lightning front bumper cover and grille.

Old 01-14-2000, 07:53 AM
Location: INDIANA,.....USA " Where more than Corn grows in Indiana"!!!
Exclamation

Can you post the web address where you found the wires at? I would like to see these wires also for my truck up grade.

------------------
1997 Red/Silver F150 Lariat Flareside 3 Dr. SC W/ ORP & Tow Package, Complete Lariat Package Option List ,{APPEARANCE}: AVS Carbon Fiber Headlite Covers, Tail Lite Slots & Door Sill Protectors,Owens Fg. Step Boards, Tinted Windows,Ford 2-Piece Bra,20" Chrome Exhaust Tips,A.R.E Bed Cover Lid,Pendaliner Inner Tail Gate Protector,Zie-Bart Total Paint & Under Coating W/ Sounder Deadener Protection, #1 Ford Truck Plate under glass on Front Bumper, {PERFORMANCE}: 4.6L Auto, 3.55LS, 4-Wheel ABS,Platinum 3 Spark Plugs,K&N Air Filter W/ modified stock air box, Tornado Air Man.,WMS Velocity Tube,Dual Exhaust System,Per. Fiction Carbon Mettalic Disc Brake Pads,Goodyear Wrangler A/TS Tires,55 Watt(replacement) Back-up Lites, Pilot 55 watt Back-up Lites on Hitch under truck,Foglites work W/ Brites On , {STEREO}: Stock In-Dash Cass. W/6 Disc Changer & 4 Stock Speakers, {SECURITY}: Ford Security System W/ Motion Alarm All on same Key Fob, This is LARIAT 1... IN The Great State Of Indiana..........http://hometown.aol.com/terrylariat1...page/auto.html A very Proud Member of ...www.f150online.com

Old 01-14-2000, 09:13 AM
Talking

this is it,
www.oemfordparts.com
go into the truck section and the engine section.

------------------
99 xlt sc,4.6 2w.d.,50 series flowmaster catback,
superchip,
rsx shocks,
hellwig sway bar,
2" rear drop,

FUTURE MODS: driving lights,lightning front bumper cover and grille.

Old 01-14-2000, 11:03 AM
They look good to me! Here's what it says:

IGNITION AND ELECTRICAL

Picture Not Available

9MM SPARK PLUG WIRE SETS - "FORD MOTORSPORT" NEW

Wire-wound Custom Iginition Wire Sets feature low resistance for minimum spark loss. Silicone insulation and boots withstand high temperatures and voltage loss for minimum cross-fire and are highly resistant to fuels, oils and solvents. Long-life, tough stainless steel terminals for "post" type distributor caps. Includes coil wire for socket-type coil and "Ford Motorsport" identification. Cylinder number appears on each wire.

APPLICATION - 4.6L 2V F-150 Truck WIRE COLOR - Blue END CONFIG. - 45 degree Long Boot WIRE DIA. - 9mm

Ignition and Electrical

Part Number M-12259-T462 $80.00

Old 01-14-2000, 06:03 PM
Lightbulb

These wires look good but what are the offical specs on ohms resistance ? If they are 50 or below I am considering making a purchase.

------------------
99' F-150 XLT SC 4X4 ORP LS 4.6L K&N Air Filter & Custom 3" Intake from fender to TB, Superchip, A.R.E. Cover, Duraliner bed liner, Rapidflow 3" single CatBack exhaust, Fluidyne Trany cooler.

Old 02-16-2000, 02:59 AM
I just bought the 9mm plugs, I previously had the MSD Super Conductor(which are actually for the Mustang); my observations.

1. MSD made for Mustang are too short, Ford's are just right.
2. MSD's kept popping off on right bank, did not fit on plugs very securly IMHO. The Ford's fit fine, could hear them click into place. After 2 weeks, no plugs have popped off.
3. Performance wise I would give a slight edge to the MSD, but because they like to popp off it is a disadvantage.
4. Price, Ford's are cheaper. Cannot remember exactly how much I paid for the MSD's but they were over $100, the Ford's were $85.
5. Delivery, got the MSD's from Summit Racing. Normally I can get something from them the next day, but because of backorders it was 2 weeks. The Ford wires took less than 1 week.
6. Color, the MSD's were dark red. Liked them but the Ford's are Ford blue, loved 'em.

Well, thats my .02, hope that helps some of you guys.

------------------
97 F-150 S/C 4x4 ORP XLT 4.6 K&N , Flowmaster w/dual tailpipes, Bosch+4 plugs,MSD 8.5 wires,Superchip.Patriot fiberglass toneau cover, Westin chrome step bars.
Kenwood 4011 stereo, Rockford 150a1 amp, Profile electronic crossover, and 2 10" JBL's.

Old 02-16-2000, 10:39 AM
Thanks for the report. I was waiting for someone to try them. You sold me on a set.

One question. The last itme I was at that site it listed the price at $80. Is the extra $5 for shipping or has it gone up?

Trending Topics

Old 02-16-2000, 11:21 AM
I believe that was the total price. Can't remember the exact amount for sure, I just checked they are still $80 for the plug wires.

Quick Reply: 9mm spark plug wires