bottoming out, check engine light

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2000, 08:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post bottoming out, check engine light

Hey Guys and Gal,

New to the message board. My truck is sick. The Check Engine light came on, and my truck started to "bottom out" with I step on the gas. And it would bottom out while driving down the highway, like it was losing gas or something. I changed the gas filter, but still got the same problems, but now the engine accelerates and decelerates while Idling. Last night the Accerator stuck, too. Confused, any suggestions?

------------------
1994 F-150 SuperCab, 5.8 Winsor. Proud owner of a "39" Coupe. FlatHeads Forever!

Old 01-29-2000, 09:28 PM
Talking

Hey Chadley:
I had a similar problem with my 95 Ranger. I would be coasting down the highway at a constant speed, when the idle would rise and drop, coupled with the tranny shifting in and out of overdrive for no reason. Turns out the throttle position sensor went bad. It was sending bad info to the computer and the computer was adjusting for a situation that just wasn't there. Hope this helps...

------------------
2000 XLT Black Sport, Flareside, 2WD, Ext. Cab, 5.4L Auto. Other factory options: 3.55 LS, Class III tow, 6-way Captains chairs w/CD changer, Remote entry , and Slider window.
Mods: Undercoat, window tint, headlight & tail light covers, removed "Sport" decals, upgraded Triton tailgate emblem, Linex spray-in bedliner, and an ARE LSII lid.
Wish list: Flowmaster duals, K&N FIPK or Velocity Tube, and a Belltech 3/4 drop.
Check it out at: http://home.columbus.rr.com/selva1/f150.html

Old 01-29-2000, 09:35 PM
Check out my post on diagnostics codes and readers. If the check engine light is on, there will be an error code present. This takes the opinions and guessing out the game.

//Johnnyquest

------------------
99 XLT 4DR, Romeo 4.6L, Auto, 3.55 LS, Silver Clearcoat Metallic, Capt Chairs, Westin Sidesteps, Ford Molded Mudflaps, E&G Billet Grille, TriGlas Cap, Perrycraft Racks, K&N Filter, Visteon CD-6, TS-A6815s

Future Mods - Granatelli MAS, Superchip, Hellwig AS Bar, Bilstein Shocks, Grille Guard, PIAA Driving Lights

Quick Reply: bottoming out, check engine light