2019 F150 5.0 Spark Knock and 12mpg

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2021, 05:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2019 F150 5.0 Spark Knock and 12mpg

Only had my truck for 7 months and 6 of them have been a headache. It had 15k when I got it, got 17 mpg, ran great, loved it. After a month I started noticing a spark knock when accelerating, even right after starting. Shortly after it started dying at stops and running rough. Then came the CEL with a retarded cam code. Dealer did a relearn, ran great for 4 days then it came right back. Ran premium gas for weeks, and I go thru alot of gas as this is my company truck, but to no surprise it went back to the dealership. They replaced the VVT actuator and it ran good for another week. That was months ago and I’ve been getting 12 mpg, still spark knocks but no stalling or CEL. A new problem has emerged, when I shut it off and run into the gas station, come out to start it, it locks up like the timing is way too advanced. If I wait a few seconds it starts. This makes stop lights interesting if I forget to turn off the auto stop feature.
Now I’m at a different dealership and they aren’t finding anything wrong, like 12mpg is normal.
I keep pushing for cam phasers but nobody will fix the damn thing. Any ideas?

Quick Reply: 2019 F150 5.0 Spark Knock and 12mpg