Different kind of spark plug problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2019, 09:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Different kind of spark plug problem

So long story short I had cylinder number 2 spark plug blowout and had a guy put a helicoil kit in it because I didn't know how to do it. Same cylinder is throwing CEL still. I'm sure the plug has fouled out. It has all new COPs on all cylinders now. Apparently he put threadlocker in the cylinder head after he put new spark plug in and now I cannot get spark plug socket to seat on plug. Does anyone have any ideas on how to possibly get the threadlocker out so I can get the plug changed ? I hope my only option isn't the pull the head. Any help if vastly appreciated.

Old 06-12-2019, 10:16 PM
glc
Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts
At this point, you may have to pull the head. NEVER use a "helicoil", the only inserts that work are Timesert and Lock N Stitch.

Take it back to the guy that did the job and see if he can get the plug out and fix it RIGHT.

Old 06-13-2019, 12:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've tried to get ahold of him multiple time but he's ignoring me. I'm not 100% sure if it was a helicoil or something else, but from what I can tell that's what it was. I was afraid pulling the head would be my only option at this point.

Quick Reply: Different kind of spark plug problem