opinions needed

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2001, 06:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
opinions needed

my truck's engine has seen better days (302). this upcoming summer, im planning on rebuilding the engine and i was considering adding the edelbrock power package to it. the power package includes new aluminum heads, new aluminum intake and a bigger throttle body. should i go this route, or should i just install a supercharger after the rebuild? thanks for your opinions!

Old 09-29-2001, 03:57 AM
In My Opinion...

I think it really depends on your budget. If you really want to get the full benefit of the supercharger then you are going to want to go with heads and all that other stuff. But if your just looking to step up the performance a bit while retaning reliability, I would just go with the package deal. I'm sure it would give your truck a healthy boost. But that is just my .02 and I have been known to be wrong a time or two.

Good luck,
Bones

Old 09-29-2001, 10:53 AM
PERFORMANCE UDATES

You will probably find the "package" will be more reliable then the supercharger. The supercharger is great, but you would have to make sure its set up for the blower, and you have to limit the amout of boost. Then there is the detonation problem.
Stay with the "package."
Mike C.

Old 09-29-2001, 01:29 PM
Donate54
I had a 90 lariet 302 that was a real dog. every part I tried , the EEC-IV & sensors cancelled any gain. better check with Mike T. in computer chips section to see if a chip can be burned to correct for the new goodies.

Old 09-29-2001, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by redlariet
Donate54
I had a 90 lariet 302 that was a real dog. every part I tried , the EEC-IV & sensors cancelled any gain. better check with Mike T. in computer chips section to see if a chip can be burned to correct for the new goodies.
before any of these upgrades you have to convert your engine from a speed density system to a mass air system, thats why your truck probably didint accept those parts.

Old 09-29-2001, 04:59 PM
in 1991, such a conversion either didn't exist or I didn't know where. I think the MAF kit is $500+ & someone some time ago couldn't get it working. I never saw the outcome on these boards.

Quick Reply: opinions needed