01 fuel pump riddle

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2018, 06:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
01 fuel pump riddle

Yesterday I went to load some things to haul off. I started the truck and went around to the back of the house, shut off and loaded up what I needed to move. Went to leave but truck wouldn't start. Battery turned engine over easily but it wouldn't hit a lick. Did some checking and determined it wasn't getting fuel; not even a dribble from the fuel rail when I tried to depressurize using the valve.

I tried the easy stuff (checked fuses, swapped relay out); no change. It was cold and getting dark so I called it a day. This morning I removed the gas cap and tried the ear test to see if the pump was spinning when my wife turned the key on; nothing (not sure I would hear anything given I put all of 4 miles on a full tank before this happened). She went inside; I tried to start it again just because - still wouldn't even try to fire. I got some starting fluid just to be 100% sure it was getting a spark, and doing that it started - but it didn't die after a few seconds like I would expect; it just kept running. I let it run for about a minute and shut it off. Went inside and did some things, then tried again. It acts like nothing ever happened. I've now started it several times and it starts and runs fine, but I hesitate to trust it. Any ideas on what might have happened?

Thanks.

Old 01-07-2018, 07:02 PM
glc
Received 756 Likes on 702 Posts
Contacts in the inertia switch may be dirty or something.

Quick Reply: 01 fuel pump riddle