Leo 2007expedition 5.4 3v p0141 ? Electric throttle probs?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2017, 04:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leo 2007expedition 5.4 3v p0141 ? Electric throttle probs?

Dear friends and advisors , my 07 expedition has exactly same symptoms as the other p0174 person that the advisor is pointing at the electric thottle control module and i agree with the advisor on having the ford dealer check it, but as i have personally owned over 1200 cars, mostly trucks and own my own scan tools Bosch Inovo etc and this has baffled me, my problem started with delayed, long cranking to start, loss of power, bad gas mileage , wrench light.........new fuel pump, air filter, mass air sensor, new oem plugs and coils, fuel filter, checked for vacume leaks, etc......
Can The electric throttle control be cleaned or maybee clean with spray throttle intake, maybee remove throttle control and clean, Im very mechanically tallented and a airplane pilot as well as most pilots are engine repair inclined, I as all of us dont want to be finiancilly mollested by the dealer, is there anything you can suggest before I take it to the dealer, the local ford dealer is booked out for Over 2 Weeks and this is my wifes daily driver and I am concerned about damage to the engine if she is driving it dor two weeks before I take it to Ford .......dont want to have an overheat problem with the lean code p0174
PLEASE HELP!

Last edited by Leoluce; 09-28-2017 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Last code I typed incorrect, I have the lean code p0174
Old 09-28-2017, 05:53 PM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
Check your FPDM for corrosion.

The throttle body can be removed and cleaned, but be very careful not to move the throttle plate while it's off, that can damage the throttle body motor.

If you have a problem with it, note that you can buy the throttle position sensor and the throttle body motor separately. You can also buy a reman throttle body.