2002 Crown Vic FPDM

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2017, 04:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 Crown Vic FPDM

Where is the Fuel Pump Driver Module on a 2002 Vic LX?
Exactly?
I thought I knew my Town Cars, and Vics pretty good, but I haven't been able to locate this little Jewel...
And and All Help Appreciated,
Beaudreux Thiebadeaux

Old 08-31-2017, 04:42 PM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
It doesn't have one. 2006 was the first year for that on the Crown Vic. You have a rail-mounted pressure regulator.

Old 08-31-2017, 05:07 PM
Thank You Kindly...

Originally Posted by glc
It doesn't have one. 2006 was the first year for that on the Crown Vic. You have a rail-mounted pressure regulator.
Could you help, or direct me, as to why my fuse box fuse is blowing when ignition turned "on", no fuel pump sound...familiar with the 3 relays on right fender well, (AC, ECM, Fuel Pump). Made no difference switching. Am I just ready for a fuel pump?
Car just quit in driveway, replaced blown fuse, started up, parked it...have not been able to get past the fuse blowing/Key on...
I guess I just wanted to make sure it was fuel pump...
Appreciate all the help,
TB

Old 08-31-2017, 06:17 PM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
WHICH fuse?

Old 09-28-2017, 10:04 PM
Update to 2002 Crown Vic FPDM

Originally Posted by glc
WHICH fuse?
I just wanted to give an update...meant too much sooner, you know how it goes...get busy...let it go..SO,
Thanks for the help all, and as far as the fuse, I never looked assume it was the fuel pump fuse...
This thing had me baffled, am tranny mechanic and ecm on these cars a pro, but I thought I would save a second, and ask a friend at the local ford dealership>> Bad Advice...
Thanks to you all, I just felt foolish for not asking sooner, went and replaced the fuel pump the day you all first answered that "no FPDM" till '06, and car never ran better...used the trick to move the exhaust sideways, and pull the fuel pump without tank removal.
Thanks again, appreciate just that little bit of advice, helped me greatly, and I sleep much better having my Ford Fleet back in Operation.
3 trucks, 3 Town Cars, and 1 Vic.
TB

Quick Reply: 2002 Crown Vic FPDM