Idle issues and stalling

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2017, 01:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Idle issues and stalling

Hello everyone, I have a 2004 f150 4.6 189k miles and the other day coming to a stop sign engine rpms dropped down to about 400 when coming to a stop, engine recovered and resumed as normal, pulled into neighbor hood and slowed again, Rpms dropped and as I was coasting up to my driveway engine died. I have removed and cleaned TB and MAF and Disconnected battery to relearn idle, truck ran like normal for 2 days then did the same thing. I then removed and physically check all vaccum lines, spray TB cleaner around vaccum lines and manifold to rule out vaccum leak, remove EGR Valve and check, found no carbon, plunger was closed and moved shaft with needlenose. Suspect ok...Don't have vaccum pump to check diaphragm. I have a scan tool that can watch live data, but I'm not sure what to look for. I have no DTC'S. Any direction is greatly appreciated!! Fuel pressure seems ok, manifold pressure fluctuates between 9~14 inHG. Idle fluctuates with vaccum fluctuation, not sure if this is bieng cause by TB, MAF,EGR or some other sensor. Haven't replaced any parts as I have not had and definite results in my testing and don't have the money to just throw parts at an issue I'm not sure of. Thanks!