Engine rebuild or swap. 04 5.4L

Old 12-26-2016, 06:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Engine rebuild or swap. 04 5.4L

So ive had a misfire on cylinder 6 for a while now and nothing seems to fix it. Done everything up to replace the entire ignition harness. Buddy of mine said that since ive had this problem and the 5.4 in the 04's are nightmares he suggested i swap it out with something else. Would you guys reccomend a full swap or a rebuild? Plus to top it off my tranny is going out. Kinda pulling hair out trying to figure everything out so any ideas or help would be great.

Old 12-26-2016, 08:01 PM
Received 220 Likes on 200 Posts
How many miles are on the engine? Do a compression check on cylinder 6 and maybe all cylinders. Misfire can also be caused by the injector. Maybe swap it with another cylinder? You need to find out what the problem is before you spend that much money replacing an engine.

Old 12-26-2016, 08:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Roadie
How many miles are on the engine? Do a compression check on cylinder 6 and maybe all cylinders. Misfire can also be caused by the injector. Maybe swap it with another cylinder? You need to find out what the problem is before you spend that much money replacing an engine.
180×××. I replaced the injector and i also replaced the connector for the harness to the coil pack thinking it was that. And i have good compression on all cylinders. I took it into a shop and they're telling me cam phasers but my friend whose a mechanic said he doubts it.

Old 12-26-2016, 09:04 PM
glc
Received 754 Likes on 700 Posts
If it were the phasers it would be making noise.

Search this Thread