Service Engine Light

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-1999, 09:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Service Engine Light

Today I was driving and the Service Engine Light came on. Just prior to the light coming on I did a hard execration up hill onto the HWY where the RMP's reached about 4K. Everything seemed OK getting up to HWY speeds and even fine at cruising speed at 2K RMP's. Then I noticed a slight drop in power and the light came on. I came home right away and disconnected the battery cable for 30 min. Went back and drove it for a while and no more light, what gives? A couple weeks back I removed the silencer from the intake should I put the silencer back in.Is it the cold weather causing problems, yesterday it was in the teens here.

------------------
99' F-150 XLT SC 4X4 ORP LS 4.6L K&N Air Filter Air Box Mod (3" intake from fender & silencer removed), Superchip, A.R.E. Cover, Duraliner bed liner, Rapidflow 3" single CatBack exhaust.

Old 12-19-1999, 10:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check your gas cap, make sure its tight. Thats one of the most common reason the light comes on. I am not saying thats it but one of the easiest things to ck.

------------------
99 F150 xlt s/c orp auto 5.4 soft tonneau, rubber maid bed mat,mud from the dirt bike(YZ250)

Quick Reply: Service Engine Light