the newest air box mod?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-1999, 06:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question the newest air box mod?

I have a 2000 xlt 4x4 5.4 , i am looking to perform the air box mod , so what is the latest, on that? Just got the truck it has a little over 1000 miles on it i like it so far, needs more power on the bottom end, Also am looking at the jardine exhaust system any thoughts on that system?

------------------
2000 f150 4x4 offroad pkg, 5.4 xlt

Old 12-02-1999, 09:58 PM
Just waiting to hear more info on the Velocity tube project. To me, it sounds like a fairly straight-forward mod, without the hassle of tearing up stock equipment. Hope to hear from someone soon about this. I've followed the threads on the other FIPK's, and it sounds like they had to do some modification to some pieces to get them to fit correctly. I'm not a mechanic, but I would think the velocity tube would be the easiest, if it is designed correctly to simplify installation. If anyone has used the velocity tube, please update. I want to spend some cash on myself after the holidays!

Old 12-02-1999, 10:12 PM
Thumbs up

I have the WMS Velocity Tube on the way. I ordered it last Friday, so when I get it I will let you know how it works. http://www.wmsracing.com/new.html

I hear the Jardine gives you the most power. I live in the Boston area,and with the salt in the winter I wanted a stainless steel system, so I went with the Bassani.

Old 12-03-1999, 04:00 AM
I got the following response to an inquiry on the Velocity...

<quote>

Biggest difference is our Velocity tube runs into the inner fender so the engine will breath cold air. K&N leaves there filter in the engine compartment where it breaths hot air - every 11 degrees in air temp. costs 1 hp.

If we are talking about the truck, cost in USD is $89.00. The Mustang kit is $119.00

Shipping for either one is by UPS, cost $14.00

</quote>

Sounds good to me. Anyone know of any other differences to be had between all of these units?

------------------
1997 F-150 Lariat Supercab Flareside, Black over Silver, grey leather interior, 4x4 (electronic shift), 4.6L auto, 3.55, towing package, sliding rear window. Brush guard, tube side steps, bed liner, bed lid, bug shield, tinted windows, Ventvisors, Aeroshades, Taillight covers, K&N air filter, Borla side cat-back dual exhaust, Split fire Platinum spark plugs, Jacobs Electronics plug wires, Tornado air intake, Hypertech power module. Sony in-dash CD Player with remote, Kenwood KDS-P110 digital EQ, Sony 10-disc CD changer, Blaupunkt BMA 5350B 6-channel/420-watt amp, Cerwin Vega Stealth 8" sub, custom box, 3" rear seat lift, Infinity Kappa 5 1/4" separates (front doors), Cerwin Vega Stealth 6x9 3-way (rear), Whistler Radar/Laser detector. <gasp>

Just ordered: Fittpaldi Tubolare Silver 16x8 rims and Goodyear Wrangler AT/S 305/70-16 tires.

Coming soon: JBA Headers, Trailmaster 4" Suspension Lift.

"No matter the upgrade, it's still 14MPG."

Old 12-03-1999, 04:01 AM

<quote>

Biggest difference is our Velocity tube runs into the inner fender so the engine will breath cold air. K&N leaves there filter in the engine compartment where it breaths hot air - every 11 degrees in air temp. costs 1 hp.

If we are talking about the truck, cost in USD is $89.00. The Mustang kit is $119.00

</quote>

Sounds good to me. Anyone know of any other differences to be had between all of these units?

------------------
1997 F-150 Lariat Supercab Flareside, Black over Silver, grey leather interior, 4x4 (electronic shift), 4.6L auto, 3.55, towing package, sliding rear window. Brush guard, tube side steps, bed liner, bed lid, bug shield, tinted windows, Ventvisors, Aeroshades, Taillight covers, K&N air filter, Borla side cat-back dual exhaust, Split fire Platinum spark plugs, Jacobs Electronics plug wires, Tornado air intake, Hypertech power module. Sony in-dash CD Player with remote, Kenwood KDS-P110 digital EQ, Sony 10-disc CD changer, Blaupunkt BMA 5350B 6-channel/420-watt amp, Cerwin Vega Stealth 8" sub, custom box, 3" rear seat lift, Infinity Kappa 5 1/4" separates (front doors), Cerwin Vega Stealth 6x9 3-way (rear), Whistler Radar/Laser detector. <gasp>

Just ordered: Fittpaldi Tubolare Silver 16x8 rims and Goodyear Wrangler AT/S 305/70-16 tires.

Old 12-03-1999, 04:02 AM

<quote>

</quote>

------------------

Old 12-04-1999, 10:16 AM
Question

If you buy one, I'd like to know what difference if any you felt?

Quick Reply: the newest air box mod?