Melted vac line runs to where ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 05:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Melted vac line runs to where ?

ok , truck in question is an 01 f150 with a 5.4

at the back of the motor , on top is a piece of convolute tube with a red vacume line and a white vacume line in it

on the pass side everything seems ok but on the driver's side the white line has melted
looks like it got to close to the egr tube

it now ends as a melted little string of plastic and I can't see anything that looks like the other end of it - guess it fell off when it melted

granted , I'm a total newbe when it comes to this 5.4 - never really had reason to look to deeply at one before
so , I need to ask where did this line run to ?

please keep in mind , bein a newbe I kinda need it pointed out - refering to the location just as a part may not help to much

I'm still lookin at it from the view point of .. what's that ? and what's this thing here?
etc etc lol

Old 09-08-2012, 07:03 PM
I believe the red one goes to the fpr and the white one goes to the egr or ever, one of the 2. Let me see if I can find a pic

Can't find a pic, maybe you can take a pic? I'm going to say it goes to the evr on the drivers side rear firewall. The egr line I believe travels in front of the throttle body as the red fpr and white evr line go in the same casing behind the throttle body to the rear drivers side.

Last edited by Toyz; 09-08-2012 at 07:06 PM.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:39 PM
sadly pics are a challenge for me - here

I still need to figure out / set up the whole photo bucket type deal

on the sites I've been useing I've been able to attach things to my posts so I never had the need before now

but I will , I have lots of pics

Old 09-08-2012, 11:15 PM
You can attach it to your post but you need the image url. So uploading them to a sharing site like photobucket is what you need for the url. Then copy and past the image url into the text and it shows up.

I'm pretty confident it runs to the evr, which sits on the rear drivers side firewall. Here is a pic of the evr. And there is your yellow vacuum hose
Name:  vacuumtoevr.png
Views: 56
Size:  665.3 KB

Old 09-09-2012, 12:26 AM
YES !!
Thank you much

never would have found the nipple on that hidden where it is
a week wondering where it goes - 30 seconds to fix it

it must have got knocked loose when doing the 2 large lines running to the cai kit
or their new position caused them to pull it off

Old 09-09-2012, 09:38 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by I like Fords to
sadly pics are a challenge for me - here

I still need to figure out / set up the whole photo bucket type deal

on the sites I've been useing I've been able to attach things to my posts so I never had the need before now

but I will , I have lots of pics
You don't even need to do all that. It's easy as pie. Copy ANY image to your desktop. If it won't up load from there, Just right click the image, "open with" the paint program, -"re-size Image" = 50/Tab/50 (usually works w/the larger photos that won't upload), - save as, then select replace. It's now ready for upload. Well, for this site anyho.

Old 09-09-2012, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Toyz
You can attach it to your post but you need the image url. So uploading them to a sharing site like photobucket is what you need for the url. Then copy and past the image url into the text and it shows up.

I'm pretty confident it runs to the evr, which sits on the rear drivers side firewall. Here is a pic of the evr. And there is your yellow vacuum hose
Yellow? Doesn't exist lol. Easy to remember this way (for me anyway), -White's always the supply line for the PCM command solenoids. Green is always EGR (from EVR). Yea, you know Red already, = Fuel (Fpr). Although, I've seen a few 4sixs that had the red line on the EVR. Not sure what's up w/that lol ? Red,White and Black(trunk line) feed into the right side (PS) of the TB on most 2000-2003 models, -some 99's. Before that (97-98) they were on the left side (DS).

Trending Topics

Old 09-09-2012, 10:43 PM
That wouldnt be the first time I've confused yellow with white..
bad eyes? I dunno...
I was prescribed glasses when I was 12. Try telling that to a kid going into middle school.
Still have never wore a pair.
Maybe it's dirty white/off white/ivory?
Trying to save myself here. Reality is the line is white and I need glasses.

Old 09-10-2012, 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by Toyz
That wouldnt be the first time I've confused yellow with white..
bad eyes? I dunno...
I was prescribed glasses when I was 12. Try telling that to a kid going into middle school.
Still have never wore a pair.
Maybe it's dirty white/off white/ivory?
Trying to save myself here. Reality is the line is white and I need glasses.
Good save! But, do glasses help with colors? Huh. Perhaps a little therapy would suffice for that one? - Meant that in a good way of course. Like say, a massage. - From a big blond or something.
I've needed glasses for 8 years or so now. Right after turning 40, seems as tho I couldn't see the next day. -Not very well anyway. That would explain the foolish mortals that tend to get in the way when I'm out and about. Along with a few misplaced walls. My eyeballs are getting pretty bad tho now. I really need to acquire a few sets of specs. 5 pair MIGHT last me a week or so. Brother and I were standing in the driveway the other day, - little (smart ***) brother started reading the side of a contractors truck down the street. I made the comment, - your eyes can't be that good... His comment, -"Your right, - yours are just that bad".

Quick Reply: Melted vac line runs to where ?