99 4R70W Torque Converter problem?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 01:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99 4R70W Torque Converter problem?

so my g/f's tuck is a 1999 4.6 2wd F150 and for a little while it had felt like the torque onverter shudders but only reay at 1900-2200 rpm it feels like that..... i put it in netural and reved to 2000 and doesnt fell bad at all but with load on it it feels like it stumbled shudders or somthing not right .....or a miss fire but there is no codes at all please help thanks

Old 11-13-2011, 06:59 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sounds like it might need a tune up if it has not had one in a while.
Motorcraft plugs , i think a 99 still had plug wires so change them also
using dielectric grease on the boots ,plus a new fuel filter .
Just regular maintenance actually.

Old 11-13-2011, 12:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just put plugs and wires in about 2 months ago when i had the cylinder #4 had a miss fire i can try fuel filter

Old 11-14-2011, 01:40 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by fast97
just put plugs and wires in about 2 months ago when i had the cylinder #4 had a miss fire i can try fuel filter
Did you use MC wires? The Triton engines are very fussy about the wires you use and believe it or not, I have even seen NEW wires that fail, so though it may well not be that, don't AUTOMATICALLY count that possibility out. I put a new set (nice set) of wires on a Chrysler that I owned many years ago. By 10K mi. the car was really running poorly (no power on acceleration) but idled just fine. I couldn't figure it out because I have always been meticulous about maintaining my vehicles. I had it running in the garage with the hood up when the phone rang. I shut the garage light off without thinking when answering the phone. When I came back into the garage I was astonished to see a light show under the hood. The wires, less than a year old and looking new had insulation that had gone south!!! You couldn't see it in the light but it leaked EVERYWHERE with the lights off.

Quick Reply: 99 4R70W Torque Converter problem?