98 F150 5.4 Need advice Pls

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 07:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
98 F150 5.4 Need advice Pls

Wow Where do I start? I have been a lurker on this site for years getting tips and such from you guys and I should start by thanking all of you. But I have my back against a wall and need some ideas. My wife's truck had a brake line rust threw and she rear ended another car, thank god she was going slow no real damage to either her & kids or other lady. I fixed the lines and went to start truck it wont turn over, I throw battery charger on and check oil the dip stick tube breaks off where it bolts to manifold (rust) I try and get it out of block and it breaks off again where the o ring is. I just drive the stub back into the pan will try and fish out with mag. She then tells me she has been starting it in neutral because it wont start in park. So I get a new neutral switch and put it on and it still wont crank either in park or neutral. I should say that the day of the accident I went and started it and drove it home. I have no idea where to go from here, what would you check to see why it wont crank?? Any ideas I'm open to try anything. Thanks in advance.

Old 09-15-2011, 08:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does it make any kind of sound when you turn the key? Do the dash lamps light up? Check around the starter and make sure nothin came loose. Check all fuses. Hmmm if the battery is in known good condition along with no blown fuses have someone try to crank it over and at the same time tap the starter with a hammer (just not too hard).

Quick Reply: 98 F150 5.4 Need advice Pls