Cam Position Sensor code after new heads!?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 02:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Cam Position Sensor code after new heads!?

Have a 2006 Ford1500 with a blown head gasket (only 67,000 miles!). I had the heads milled and valve job done since they were apart. It had bent one rod, so I had to have the bottom half repaired, so now it has new bearings, new rings and a new rod. After reassembly, I found that the same hole with the bent rod had a bad fuel injector – which was what probably caused the head gasket to blow. I replaced the injector and had everything back together again. Codes cleared and the system came up good. When I drive the vehicle everything is great, but when I stop and turn off the vehicle then start it back up, the engine light comes back on. So I run it on the computer again. Code comes up “P0345 Cam Position Sensor A bank 2 ckt malfuntion”. I replaced the sensor even though I thought it was good. It still does the exact same thing, where the check engine light comes on after starting up after it’s been stopped. And, when I drive it with the engine light on, the vehicle is getting 8 or 9 miles to the gallon; after resetting the computer it gets 12 – 14 mpg and before all this it got 16 average mpg. That info comes from the onboard computer display. ANY IDEAS FROM ANY WISE MEN OUT THERE PLEASE??

Quick Reply: Cam Position Sensor code after new heads!?