1999 PATS No fuel/Any suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 10:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1999 PATS No fuel/Any suggestions?

My 4.6 still has no fuel. After some diagnosing on my own and figuring it must be the PATS that was keeping me from getting fuel, I pulled it down to the only shop in Nome, Alaska with a computer programmer. I just wanted him to fix the PATS, but he also pulled the fuel tank and put in a new pump. He said he reset everything but was unable to get a pulse to the injectors.(there is plenty of gas at the rail) I had the PCM rebuilt before I put it in the shop so I thought that might have been what screwed up the PATS. I have heard that you can bypass the PATS with a gizmo, and this might be what I need to do as there are no ford dealers in this part of the world. Has anyone done this? Any suggestions would be welcome.

Old 04-25-2011, 07:52 AM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
How do you know it's a PATS problem?

There are tens of millions of Fords that are running on highways and roads with the PATS system operating problem. if they can do it, so can you instead of applying a band-aid to bypass the system.

Old 04-25-2011, 11:50 PM
when you turn the key on does the theft light blink really fast. if so the pats is armed on your truck. I feel your pain my friend i had this problem when insalling my lightning motor. I had it taken to a tuner and he had to flash the ecm and reprogram the keys. but first make sure its pats. There is a threat around here on some steps you can try to reset the pats yourself one of the steps is to disconnect the battery cables for about an hour and see if it resets the ecm. your ecm could be messed up to happened to me when i plugged in my sct tuner and the tuner fried my computer and had to get a new one sct paid for it.

Old 05-02-2011, 05:27 PM
Thanks for the advice. After nothing else worked, I dragged it over to a local shop and they tried to reprogram the keys with no success. Instead they replaced my perfectly good fuel pump. Took it to another shop and they managed to reprogram the keys and I got fuel back. What an ordeal. This was my first experience with a mechanical problem I could not resolve myself. Progress.

Quick Reply: 1999 PATS No fuel/Any suggestions?