Looking for some help.! please

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 09:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for some help.! please

I have a 2000 F-150 5.4 V-8 and all it has started using a ton of fuel and idiling funny, it idles up and down, also it started sputtering this morning, but only on the way to work, it didnt do it home, i have done all the easy things like fuel filter and stuff but still no luck, any sugestions?

truck is pretty much stock other than k&n air filter and throttle body spacer
Thanks guys!
-Kim

Old 03-29-2011, 10:30 PM
Kim, hope you got your flame suit on for the throttle body spacer.

Anyways, not the issue. Has the truck shown any check engine lights, service engine soon? How many miles are on it and when was the last time the plugs were changed along with coil over plugs. Have you got a chance to inspect for any vacuum leaks? Fairly common with those symptoms. 90% percent of the time the leak can be found in the pcv system at one of the 2 elbows. The one at the pcv valve can sometimes collapse or develop a small hole and the 90 at the back of the throttle body is known to deteriorate. Also, depending on mileage it may be time to pull the throttle body and clean it, the egr ports and the IAC. Also may be time to clean the MAF sensor. These are all common issues with poor running conditions. Check those things out first since they are free.

Old 03-30-2011, 12:19 PM
Hey! thanks for the quick reply! so no engine lights just the ABS light, there are like 185000 Km the plugs were changed a year ago and i havent done the coils i just picked up a stethascope to check for leaks.! i deffinatly will check all of these today! thanks for the input!!! will get back to you soon

Quick Reply: Looking for some help.! please