engine swap 97 gt 4.6 into 00 f150 4.6

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 05:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
engine swap 97 gt 4.6 into 00 f150 4.6

i just bought a 97 gt 4.6 6 bolt for my f150 that blew up severly any way put new engine in truck fired up ran great went to put antifreeze in it and found the passenger side of intake was leakin but the kicker is as i go to put foot on brake and shut off truck the engine seized up now io put new gaskets and seal also checked bottom end i dont understand wat happened but whil it was running there was no knockin noise or anything any clues other than i have to pull back out anyway also my stock intake should work on this new engine anyway all the ports gaskets all line up not sure why it was leakin anyway other than over tightening the intake gasket

Old 10-06-2010, 11:11 PM
There is a strict procedure to properly torque the intake bolts down in a specific pattern. If that is not followed, there would be issues. It requires a certain torque spec through the first pattern, then a different torque spec for the final pattern.

Is it possible if the intake gasket was leaking coolant, it could have gotten sucked into the cylinder, causing it to hydrolock.

Last edited by Toyz; 10-06-2010 at 11:15 PM.
Old 10-07-2010, 02:00 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by chris's-f150
i just bought a 97 gt 4.6 6 bolt for my f150 that blew up severly any way put new engine in truck fired up ran great went to put antifreeze in it and found the passenger side of intake was leakin but the kicker is as i go to put foot on brake and shut off truck the engine seized up now io put new gaskets and seal also checked bottom end i dont understand wat happened but whil it was running there was no knockin noise or anything any clues other than i have to pull back out anyway also my stock intake should work on this new engine anyway all the ports gaskets all line up not sure why it was leakin anyway other than over tightening the intake gasket
Mannnn, learn how to write would yuh. I can guess why that thing isn't running. Your sentences sure are,- or make that "sentence" , as in the unpluraled. Also, spell check does exist to assist.
Painful I know, you read it. That may help, may not.

Old 10-07-2010, 05:01 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jbrew
Mannnn, learn how to write would yuh. I can guess why that thing isn't running. Your sentences sure are,- or make that "sentence" , as in the unpluraled. Also, spell check does exist to assist.
Painful I know, you read it. That may help, may not.
I was having a hard time trying to read it myself.

Phil

Old 10-07-2010, 05:54 AM
yeah i figured that so i pulled intake back off anyway and pulled plugs to try and unlock it but no luck. what im figuring happened is while it was running it hydrolocked and wen it did that it bent the connectingrods which binded itself into the block. but wont know for sure till i get engine back out for further inspection.

Old 10-09-2010, 04:16 AM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
this is why you do things right the first time, vs playing around and wasting time and money

Quick Reply: engine swap 97 gt 4.6 into 00 f150 4.6