Need Oil Type Suggestion

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 09:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm running Penziol Platnium and a Motorcraft filter. I'm sure I don't have to pay the extra for the Full Synth but it's only a couple of bucks more ($20 for 5 Liter) and people swear by it. Stopped doing oil changes at the dealer after hearing stories of them overfilling. Figured the money I'd save on doing it myself I would buy a little better oil.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:11 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
for the record. on my 08 when i got it i used MC oil and filter until the 3rd oil change at 9k miles. then i went to mobile1 extended performance oil and filter. been using mobile1 since i had my 96 trans am 6 years ago, and that is 3 vehicles total. the ones i dont care too much about, and if they arent fords, i will use castrol GTX. just stay away from the radioactive can of death(FRAM filters). autozone had a great deal on mobile1 for a few months, but i agree, motorcraft oil and filter for blend or mobile1/valvoline/castrol for full synthetic.

Old 09-27-2010, 01:09 PM
Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler
Nice boat Keith, i have the same one but with a single console. What year is yours?
Thanks Dirk, It is a 1999 Triton Tr21 Duel Console with a HOSS mercury 225 EFI on the back that I can only get it up to 71 MPH because I am still learning how to drive the chine walk. Notice the silver truck matches the silver stripe on the boat

Keith

Old 09-27-2010, 01:27 PM
Originally Posted by Fogducker
I'm running Penziol Platnium and a Motorcraft filter. I'm sure I don't have to pay the extra for the Full Synth but it's only a couple of bucks more ($20 for 5 Liter) and people swear by it. Stopped doing oil changes at the dealer after hearing stories of them overfilling. Figured the money I'd save on doing it myself I would buy a little better oil.
well on saving i don't know with a dealer coupon its about $19.95 and as far of overfilling check it before you leave the dealership i do the oil changes myself and keep a maintenance log with receipts for warranty issues.

Old 09-27-2010, 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by PlanoKeith150
Thanks Dirk, It is a 1999 Triton Tr21 Duel Console with a HOSS mercury 225 EFI on the back that I can only get it up to 71 MPH because I am still learning how to drive the chine walk. Notice the silver truck matches the silver stripe on the boat

Keith
Mine is a 2000 single console with the same motor. It gets on plane within one boatlength easier than any of my friends boats and is better behaved at top speed. I've visited 78 mph according to the gps and that was flying down a canal in the everglades. Scary but fun! Great boat.

Quick Reply: Need Oil Type Suggestion