Heat riser tube

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 07:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heat riser tube

06 f150 4.6 stx

Driverside exhaust manifold near firewall. Steel tube that comes from the manifold and heads up near the throttle body and warms intake air on cold starts.

Now, my question is, the Lt headers i bought do not have a bung to hook up the riser tube. The LT's are correct for my truck.

ANybody have any ideas what i should do. I was thinking about cutting the tube and puttin some JB weld in it.?!?!

THanks

Old 07-09-2010, 10:47 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The heat riser you refer to is the egr tube. Your headers should have a bung to connect to or they are not really the right ones.

Old 07-11-2010, 06:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I found a thread from early 09 that said that you can delete the egr but you have to get a custom tune compensating for the egr? Anyone know if there is any truth to this.

thanks

Old 07-11-2010, 08:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
True. You can delete the egr function and have it turned off in the tune. I've heard it will lower cruise gas mileage slightly.
I'm not sure if you would pass an OBD2 plug in smog inspection, maybe not.

This sounds like a dog chasing it's tail though. You have to pay for the tuning and possibly a hand held tuner to do that.
Why not just get the correct headers....pita, I know, but maybe better in the long run.

Quick Reply: Heat riser tube