4.6 misfire different cylinders - Please Help.

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 03:11 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
BTW Bosch are the LAST plug I would use in one of these engines. I've seen where they disintegrated in the combustion chamber taking out a valve. I'm sure it dont happen often but i have seen picture of it here on this board. that was a picture that convince me to never touch a bosch plug..

Old 05-23-2010, 03:13 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
could also be oil that spilled adding oil to the engine..

Old 05-23-2010, 10:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jethat
The odds of oil leaking into a sparkplug hole from the valve cover are almost non existent.In the first place the gasket is nearly indestructable and the way the top of the head is tilted leads oil to leak down thethe head away from the center. More likely if it really is oil its comming from the PVC line. Are you SURE its not antifreeze? there are water lines for the heater core that run above that side that do fail. Oil is pretty hard to get in those holes.. not impossible but almost.
Well, on my engine, the pcv valve is not really in that position and the line is clean. However, it's pretty dirty all over that cover. It's stained with burned on oil and yuk from years past. Maybe when I clean the area, that stuff will stop melting with heat. After all, when I steam cleaned around the 1 and 2 plugs, I never saw oil in the #2 plug hole again....... That actually means that it's possibly that I've been replacing parts and buying tools when all I really needed to do is clean my friggin' engine!!! LOL....
I'm gonna clean that area up good and run it with paper towels in certain spots so I can see if anything is leaking and let you know what's up...Thanks again.

Old 05-26-2010, 11:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, the truck is running great! I don't see any oil buildup right now. I remember when I first changed the oil, there was new oil around #2. I use a big funnel so I don't think I spilled any, but you never know. There does seem to be a small leak somewhere though. I'll keeping checking it out. I think it's from the Gulf oil spill. BP owes me an engine cleaning!

Quick Reply: 4.6 misfire different cylinders - Please Help.