2002 2wd motor swap...4.6 for which 5.4?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 09:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dont know why but the navi motor just really interests me (a supercharged 2v would be very cool but I think I could do the navi swap for quite a bit less money if I can find the right deal on a wrecked one AND I want to use some the interior parts too), Ive done some more reading on the navi motor and it sounds like the wiring harness only needs a few small changes, being that my truck is an 02 and 2wd I think mine is a good canidate for this swap because the drivetrain would be easy, new (or prob modified drive shaft for the 4r100) and prob a 9.75 rear end and I think that it would be good to go hardware wise. Also truck is newer so I am starting off with COP's and the newer dash cluster.

JMC how do i figure out if I have the Intake Manifold Runner Control? I tried to do a quick search but didnt see what I needed right away...will keep reading later.

I know I could spend the money to beef up my 4r70w but I feel like a stock 4r100 is would be just as strong stock if not stronger, (maybe overkill which is always good) and wouldnt cost anything as i would pull it out of the doner truck.

If I ran the Navi computer, and get custom tunes from troyer, would that eliminate the IMRC issue? I know he can turn off the pats so hopefully as long as the navi computer plugs into my truck, then the tune can take care of most of the electrical stuff and I just have some minor wiring to take care of.

I didnt think of needing to have custom headers built but your prob right as it is wierd application so Id prob just run the stock ones, atleast at first.

I think the biggest thing I need to know is if the Navi computer is compatible with the rest of the electronics in truck, if it is I should be able to use the entire Navi harness (both motor & tranny) and just modify a few sensor wires as well as switching the injector connections I think. It sounds like this is the case but I havent been able to confirm it 100%. If not then I will prob just do a 2V PI motor and maybe add boost down the road.

thanks guys!

Old 09-07-2010, 10:00 AM
JMC
Technical Article Contributor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
The only way you can tell for sure about the wire harness is to get your hands on the schematics for your current truck and for the vehicle that the replacement parts are coming out of.

Quick Reply: 2002 2wd motor swap...4.6 for which 5.4?