**NEED HELP ASAP!** Spark Plug Nightmare 04 f150

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 12:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bluejay
Didn't we have this same discussion already?
You have your opinion based on what you have heard and seen, I have my opinion based on what I have done and seen. All we can do is express our opinions. I have no reason to be biased, but my dealer just has not had a problem with broken plugs.
Yes, we did and though you state no bias (and for the record I've stated my bias).

In summary:
There isn't an issue with the Motorcraft Plug, because YOU and a few others, didn't have a problem.

Even though, we all know Ford has had thousands and thousands of these plugs break, issued numerous bulletins, created a special removal tool kit and even went so far a redesigning the cylinder head and spark plug (sourced from a different manufacturer) and that some shops won't even work on that engine.

AND

There is an issue with the Champion Plug, because you've HEARD of a couple cases where the Champion plug had a miss fire.

Alrighty then, glad we have that cleared up.

Old 08-12-2009, 12:36 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by Ed753
Yes, we did and though you state no bias (and for the record I've stated my bias).

In summary:
There isn't an issue with the Motorcraft Plug, because YOU and a few others, didn't have a problem.

Even though, we all know Ford has had thousands and thousands of these plugs break, issued numerous bulletins, created a special removal tool kit and even went so far a redesigning the cylinder head and spark plug (sourced from a different manufacturer) and that some shops won't even work on that engine.

AND

There is an issue with the Champion Plug, because you've HEARD of a couple cases where the Champion plug had a miss fire.

Alrighty then, glad we have that cleared up.
I never said there was not a problem with the design of the Motorcraft plug. It is a stupid design that was poorly engineered. What I said was that there is a panic caused by too many that do not follow the TSB and the problem has been blown out of proportion. My dealer has changed many sets and occasionally, one breaks. With the extraction tool, it comes out in about 15 or 20 minutes. Why panic over that? There have been many on this site that have reported they did theirs themselves with none breaking. If you can get past the fear of the plug breaking, the Motorcraft is the better plug, in my opinion. I have no fear of them breaking.

Old 08-12-2009, 11:00 PM
And in my closing arguments, I stand silent, with the exception, of re-stating for the record, the title of this thread:

**NEED HELP ASAP!** Spark Plug Nightmare 04 f150

Good Day,
Ed

Old 08-12-2009, 11:24 PM
LOL, what is up with these two old HS buddies? Good reading though.

For the record, I stand by the guy from Burleson, TX so I guess I'm TX biased. I also use strictly Bosch so that's bias #2

Old 08-13-2009, 04:07 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jbrew
Yea, the 08's look like this I believe -

Brew- Is there anything you don't have a picture of ? I notice the 1 piece plug is made in Japan, (well, maybe not) wonder who makes it. Really too bad Ford didn't do that to begin with- woulda' been less egg on their face. Thanks for the excellent picture- a good visual for all of those wondering if that plug will fit their '04-'07.

Last edited by code58; 08-13-2009 at 04:10 AM.

Quick Reply: **NEED HELP ASAP!** Spark Plug Nightmare 04 f150