OK, Sorry, BUT need info!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 10:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, Sorry, BUT need info!

I have a 2000 mustang, 3.8 w/ diablo chip to put a clutch in. Friend asks me if I can install the darn thing, and, I say alrighty then. It's a darn clutch right?

Well, as I talk with my friend, I think about hydraulic clutches, and, see no master cylinder for a hydraulic cluch on this car.

Am I crazy (most of us who know me will agree) or is the master cylinder for the clutch some where elese?

When hitting the clutch, it screams like jbrew (we love you man!) with someone putting bosch plugs in their truck. Letting out on the clutch, no noise...

Last edited by KEITHHATTER; 06-26-2009 at 10:28 PM.
Old 06-26-2009, 10:50 PM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
The screaming noise is probably the throwout bearing. Unless the clutch is slipping, I'd replace the bearing which is fairly easy and call it a day.

Old 06-26-2009, 10:57 PM
Originally Posted by Labnerd
The screaming noise is probably the throwout bearing. Unless the clutch is slipping, I'd replace the bearing which is fairly easy and call it a day.
Thanks Labnerd!

I have much concluded that a throwout bearing was the trouble. Instead of replacing just the bearing, the individual has bought the entire set. In fact, I don't like having to tear it all out without re-placing it all to begin with.

My main concern is that there is no clutch master cylinder at all to be seen... Surely to goodness, this 2000 model stang is not a manual adjusting clutch... I just don't want to have to replace the clutch kit, and have to go back and replace a slave cylinder a few weeks later. (If you catch my drift)

Old 06-27-2009, 06:25 AM
There is no master cylinder because it has a cable operated clutch. Mustangs didn't go hydraulic until 05. After you replace the clutch and get everything hooked up, you adjust the cable by putting your foot under the clutch pedal and lifting up. This releases the self adjusting cam and allows the clutch to "readjust".

Old 06-27-2009, 04:04 PM
glc
Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts
I wish my truck had a cable operated clutch. I hate those internal slaves.

Old 06-28-2009, 02:48 AM
Thanks Guys!

Quick Reply: OK, Sorry, BUT need info!