2006 F150 4.6 Vibration/rough Idle

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 03:29 AM
glc
Received 757 Likes on 702 Posts
With 100k you are definitely due for a new set of spark plugs. A professional injector cleaning is a high profit item for the shop, but it NEVER hurts. I have mine done at each spark plug change.

Old 02-28-2015, 05:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rough idle. dealership

What ever you do don't bring it to GATER FORD as they tolpa the same thing. it is the characteristics of the 4.6 from 04 thru 08. There is no way anyone would have paid 50,000 for a truck idling like this. if you ever find the reason for this rough idle please let me know.....

QUOTE=Motocros19;3531734]Long story short, the truck still shakes. I went over the service tech head to the top guy in the service department names Jim Sutton. This guy was worthless just like everone else. I asked them if they did a PCM flash and they said no, so I said that I wouldnt leave until they did it right in front of me. So they did with no change....I talked to the tech while he was flashing my PCM and he said that he sees this stuff all the time and that this trully was the way the truck was ment to run. I still think it's bullsh@t but what can I do? Should I go to another dealer? Arent they going to tell me the same thing? Does anyone know a GOOD service center in South Florida? Or Florida for that matter? Thanks Guys

Moto[/QUOTE]

Old 04-01-2015, 09:43 PM
bringing this back to life, i have a 05 4.6 with 105k and it has rough idle and in my opinion the truck is a dog. i pulled the motor and rebuilt it at 100k. thinking since i went through the motor it would be gone, but it has no change. things ive done cleaned every part that air goes through, replaced plugs and any weak coils, cleaned injectors, replaced the heads, every gasket was replaced, and like i said everything was very well cleaned while the motor was apart. i couldn't believe after all that there was zero change. never had a CEL for it and ive had it hooked up to a snap on solus and it came back with nothing says the truck is running perfect.

Old 04-06-2015, 07:42 PM
rough idle

not trying to be a smart butt or anything but you may 1st want to research the mileage on your truck as its 9 years old wIth only 30,000 my truck has just over 200,000 and very well taken care of I would recommend no one to waste their money at the dealership as I was told the same as everyone it's the characteristics of the 4.6 from the years 04 thru 08 which we all know is a crockI just learn to live with the rough ..if you find the true Issue please let me ..
Thanks
Markknowidle
Originally Posted by Motocros19
Hey guys, I just want to say that I am new to the forum and think this is a great place. I am having issues with my 06 f150 4.6L with 30K miles. It has an extremely rough idle when stopped in drive and also vibrates when slowing down to at about 5-7mph. I have read all the threads and seen similar issues but they are trucks with 100K+ miles on them. I took it to the dealer and they said there is nothing wrong with it , im sure they just checked the ECU (I didnt do a ride along), but I was wondering if you guys have any advice. thanks again for your help.

moto

Quick Reply: 2006 F150 4.6 Vibration/rough Idle