2008 f150 4.6l capabilities

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 10:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 f150 4.6l capabilities

I am looking into getting a snow plow for my 08 f150xlt 4.6 supercab. I have a gryphon tuner installed and the rest of the truck is stock. I would only be using the plow for personal usage, so how would this truck hold up to having a plow on her. It would have to be a lighter model I assume. Anyone have any experiences plowing with a 4.6 motor?

Old 11-23-2008, 02:25 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I know several people who plow with the 4.6. I even know one guy that plows with a Ranger. I have seen people plowing here in Michigan with two wheel drive F 150's and they seem to push snow as long a they have weight in the bed. I don't think the truck will have any problem pushing snow as long as you don't try moving to much at a time. Even with a 5.4, Hemi, etc. The only real limiting factor for pushing snow is traction. You can have 600 hp but if you lose traction you won't go anywhere. A stock truck of any make that is not set up for a plow ( heavy springs etc.) will tend to wear out front end components faster than a truck with the plow option. Personal use? I guess that would depend if you own a shopping mall or just intend to do your driveway. I think you get the picture. Maybe talk with a plow supply business and get some input as well.

Quick Reply: 2008 f150 4.6l capabilities