Motor started to knock

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 05:14 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
heres something u could try. pour a quart of tranny fluid in. drive around for a few days then drain and refill with all oil and a new filter. tranny fluid can sometimes loosen up all the crap thats built up on the screen. worked on a chevy s 10 i had years ago.

Old 04-24-2008, 06:51 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by code58
jbrew- your going to have to find someplace else for your old coffee grounds or your Scoals-thats 1 nasty looking pickup. LOL Thanks for being 1 of the outstanding contributers to this forum! Roger

- That motor just hit 60,000 miles . A 3.8L from a 98 Ford Windstar. That happened in 2003 - The Chick admitted her ex-husband was the only one that changed the oil in that thing when she was married.

I thought about what she said for a minute, then I asked "When were you divorced?" She says - 1998

Yea , no kidding - She hadn't changed the oil - ever, just added some , here and there. - I put a new motor in that one and last I new it was still running- amazingly ...- She said she would get the oil changed after I stressed the fact - You have to do this or have someone do it for you - A quicky lube , anything, anyplace is better than not doing it at all. - Some woman

BTW - You ever do a motor swap in one of those Windstars ? You don't pull the motors in those - You have to lift the Van off the the motor - That was fun!! Glad I had a old 8000 lb Warn Winch to assist with that.

Last edited by jbrew; 04-24-2008 at 12:28 PM.
Old 04-24-2008, 12:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol sounds like u had a fun time

Quick Reply: Motor started to knock