Factory Remote filter oil line leaking...

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 12:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Factory Remote filter oil line leaking...

Does anyone know the part numbers of the oil lines to the Factory remote filter are? Mines a 1997 4.6L.I would assume the part #s are the same up to 2002? The bottom/lower line is leaking. I degressed it and saw it comming out of the crimped area on the end. Any ideas were to get these from?? I got to get this fixed pretty quick and can't wait for the dealership. I'm going to try to do this myself. Anyone changed these? where did you buy them from?

Old 03-13-2008, 05:26 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i got mine from the dealer 140$ ouch. i think summit racing might have some aftermarket ones also. mine burst and i almost lost tht engine.not that hard of a job. your gonna have to unbolt the whole filter assembly from under the bumper to get that connection on.the engine side is just 2 nuts that are on the adapter studs. use some pb blaster on those and make sure dont lose those little o- rings. its kind of like a/c hose setup.

Last edited by keith97xlt; 03-13-2008 at 05:30 AM.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by keith97xlt
i got mine from the dealer 140$ ouch. i think summit racing might have some aftermarket ones also. mine burst and i almost lost tht engine.not that hard of a job. your gonna have to unbolt the whole filter assembly from under the bumper to get that connection on.the engine side is just 2 nuts that are on the adapter studs. use some pb blaster on those and make sure dont lose those little o- rings. its kind of like a/c hose setup.
Was that for both lines? Did you have any special tools ? Thanks for the advise!! helps alot!

Old 03-13-2008, 12:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
youll see when you buy it. both lines are together and the go into a metal junction block. you cant just get one line.it only goes in the filter adapter one way. look underneath the bumper and youll see how the adapter is bolted to the frame. get all the extensions and swivels you can.

Quick Reply: Factory Remote filter oil line leaking...