removing the throttle body, coolant line?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 03:38 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Toyz
well i removed and inspected every single vacuum hose, line, elbow...everything. nothing out of the ordinary. That pcv line beind the intake was fun. When i pulled it off it was full of oil, not sure if thats normal or not. Im thinking its egr related. can you clog an egr? when i had the TB off and was cleaning it, for the first few minutes i was spraying it all down, the egr was still attached before i realized i should probably take it off. by the time i took it off the gasket was like a soft mushy metalic substance.

I left the tps on the whole time i was cleaning it.. should be ok?

Take some pics of the lines running into the Plenum - You have a Vac tester? Air compressor with a regulator? Can you here noise if you rev it while under the hood?

TPS is okay. EGR should be fine as long as you didn't force compressed air into the diaphragm. That wouldn't have happened while cleaning the plenum - The EGR valve is closed when not in operation.

It could be the EGR pipe your hearing - it may be leaking at the exhaust manifold connection if you moved the pipe around any or even at the top.

Could be allot of things - Your Air filter box, PCV system, EVAP line, B-Booster line, DPFE tubes, EVR Lines, That socket you dropped, IAC gasket, Plenum/TB gasket, IAC tube, Breather tube, Intake clamps .... - See what I mean.. You really have to look close at everything.

You'll find it

Old 01-29-2008, 10:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No on the vacuum tester, i can get one though. I have compressors just no regulator. I can hear the sound when driving... anytime i accelerate i hear a little whistle with a very slight hsssss. I know it never made that sound before. It almost makes the sound a TB spacer makes but not as loud, its very faint but i have bat like ears and pick up on things like that . As soon as i open the hood and get under there i hear nothing... figures, theres just to much other noise under there. Ill check the other things you mentioned. It happened since the TB cleaning so its gotta be right there in my face.

Old 01-30-2008, 12:25 AM
Originally Posted by Toyz
99 5.4L. Was just in the process of taking off the throttle body to clean and on the left side of the tb theres 3 lines going into it (coolant tree?) took one off and it was pouring out coolant... what do i do to get it to stop leaking coolant. Do i have to drain the radiator so it wont leak or will it just stop eventually. I wasnt expecting that it would be pouring out. Also when im putting it back together, is that going to cause air pockets in the cooling system or is there a procedure to prevent that. Thanks
i'd like to meet the dummy that designed this.

Old 08-03-2018, 10:50 PM
Can the throttle body coolant line tree be removed on a 99 f150 5.4

Quick Reply: removing the throttle body, coolant line?