bad injectors, coil packs, plugs, broken plugs all at 30k miles

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 07:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well on my 25 mile commute home from work my truck was smoking like hell. I pulled out the flash light when I got home and man, the engine bay is a mess. Looks like they spilled more oil then the put in it. It appears they also spilled a good amount of break fluid and way over filled the resvoir. Oh, and they definately only changed 7 out of the 8 plugs despite telling my they changed all 8. There's no evidence they pulled that last one on the passenger side and the parts list only shows 7 plugs.

Oh, they also underfilled the oil. I noticed on the work order they only note 5 quarts of oil...this motor takes 7. I figured they just wrote that down but actually filled it probably using a pump rather then quarts that they have to inventory. NOPE! Only about a quarter/or third inch on the stick. Way below the fill mark hatching....

Oh, and my license plate light socket was never changed like they said they did...quality is job one at this dealership

Old 01-22-2008, 08:36 PM
Well I know what dealership to tell people to stay away from!

Seems like at most dealerships incompetence is job #1!

Old 01-23-2008, 10:45 PM
I love you OURISMAN WORLD OF FORD

So the truck was smoking pretty bad on my way home from the dealer. I figured they just spilled some oil...

I pulled out the flash light when I got home. Wow my engine bay was a mess. Oil everywhere. Along with some anti-freeze and break fluid. My break fluid reservoir was way over filled. I had NO visible anti-freeze. They list a "quantity 2 anti-freeze..."

I checked my oil because they only mention 5 quarts of oil on the receipt for the oil change. Well...yeah, they ONLY PUT 5 QUARTS. You'd think that the DEALER knows this motor takes 7. No, there was only 5 quarts. Only about 1/4-1/3 inch on the dip stick. Very far below the hatching.

Oh, and let's not forget how I was told they'd change all 8 plugs and only changed 7 per the paperwork and lack of evidence of changing the passenger rear plug.

They also told me a license plate light socket was bad. One of the lights is still out. As is a 3rd brake light blub.

Oh, and last but not least while investigating the smoking motor I noticed that the bracket holding the pully for the power steering pump wasn't bolted on all the way.

So, I notice a new oil stain in front of the house when I leave this AM. I then notice a new spot when I pull into my parking spot at work....

I decided to go to my buddy's shop after work tonight to check out the extent of the damage. While on the lift my truck leaked no less then 1/3 quart of oil. The engine bay is covered in so much oil it's hard to tell where the leak is. As best we can tell it's rather high on the motor. Perhaps a valve cover. I'm running on somewhere around 4 quarts of oil. That'd explain the new lifter noise i'm hearing. My fuel economy should now be measured in quarts of oil per mile rather then miles per gallon.

THANK YOU OURISMAN FORD. Heading in to talk to the GM tomorrow AM. I really hope they chose to correct this....

I don't have time to deal with their BS. Do your job and do it right. I've got enough ***** going on with trying to take the LSAT to get into law school. We also keep a mean, nasty firm on retainer for employees at work...........................

Old 01-24-2008, 12:02 PM
I just lost an engine due to this problem. Apparently anyway.

I experienced the same problems at 30k miles and they replace Injector number 7.

I started having the same problems a few days ago (63k miles now) and took it to a dealership. They say the engine is blown and need to replace at $7000! Bull honkey! I know this is an injector problem. I am cuurently waiting on the codes from the initial check to see if it was a misfire as before.

Lord willing, if this is the case, all heck is gonna break loose.

The warranty was extended on the injectors for the 2005 5.4 engine so watch the mail. Sorry if this is reducndant news since I did not read all the posts.

Old 01-24-2008, 02:35 PM
Hey efexfour. I saw your other post about losing your motor. I'd definately get a hold of the codes though I'm not sure if that's the way to test an injector. Mine only showed a generic misfire code and didn't say anything about the cylinder. I read the codes myself with a SnapOn MOBIS. They replaced a plug and COP first and then 3 more plugs and COPs after that didn't fix the problem. THEN they put in 4 injectors. So, I'm not sure if/how they test them and if they'd create a code that you could use to prove a causal relationship between the injectors and blown motor. That relationship is what you'd need to establish to try to claim the damage under warrenty.

Oh, they gave me a Chevy Aveo (sp?) as my rental car this am. So, I went from a 300hp full size truck with leather, nav, dvd, sirius, etc. to a POS chevy with 90hp and not even a CD player....

Old 01-24-2008, 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by davewvu86
Oh, they gave me a Chevy Aveo (sp?) as my rental car this am. So, I went from a 300hp full size truck with leather, nav, dvd, sirius, etc. to a POS chevy with 90hp and not even a CD player....
It has a hand operated parking brake, yes? How well does it work?

Old 01-24-2008, 03:52 PM
Originally Posted by davewvu86
Hey efexfour. I saw your other post about losing your motor. I'd definately get a hold of the codes though I'm not sure if that's the way to test an injector. Mine only showed a generic misfire code and didn't say anything about the cylinder. I read the codes myself with a SnapOn MOBIS. They replaced a plug and COP first and then 3 more plugs and COPs after that didn't fix the problem. THEN they put in 4 injectors. So, I'm not sure if/how they test them and if they'd create a code that you could use to prove a causal relationship between the injectors and blown motor. That relationship is what you'd need to establish to try to claim the damage under warrenty.

It's called "MODIS". Sorry, it just sounds funny said that way.

Old 01-24-2008, 04:01 PM
Just FYI, I had a injector stick open on my 05 Screw with 3500 miles. The dealer replaced ALL 8 spark plugs because the TSB told them to.

Old 01-24-2008, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by TECHDOC
It's called "MODIS". Sorry, it just sounds funny said that way.
haha sorry yeah...it's MODIS. It's not mine...I just borrow it from my friend's shop when needed. It's a pretty bad toy.

Anyone know if you can use that thing to program for different tire sizes?

Originally Posted by JMBdevotee
It has a hand operated parking brake, yes? How well does it work?
I'm afraid to try a rally slide in this thing. Tall, cookie cutter like tires, soft and springy suspension, and a small wheel base = barrel rolls

Originally Posted by hmfic
Just FYI, I had a injector stick open on my 05 Screw with 3500 miles. The dealer replaced ALL 8 spark plugs because the TSB told them to.
I've read the TSB for the plug removal and the warrenty on the injectors but no other TSBs. I'll have to check them out. Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited by davewvu86; 01-24-2008 at 07:50 PM.
Old 01-25-2008, 02:44 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Just read this thread. What a nightmare!

Old 01-28-2008, 08:37 PM
Angry

And the plot thickens....

So I speak with the service manager and drop the truck back off. They call me a couple days later to tell me they've taken care of everything...

Yup, fixed the scratch in the fender, tightened the water pump pulley bracket they left loose, put enough oil in the motor, topped off the antifreeze, reinstalled the timing chain cover (i think that's what it was) that was causing the oil leak, and FIXED THE F(*&$#(*&%#ING DAMAGE TO MY FRONT BUMPER FROM WHERE THE SEMI HIT IT.

WHAT THE #$%^&*()(*&^%$#$%^&*()(*&^%^&*(*&^%$#$%^&*(*&^%$#% ^&*(*&^%$#%^&*(*&^%$%^&* IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE????

I went to pick it up Saturday night after class. In the dark, I can see the runs in the black paint... In the dark the black paint has runs...looks like they used a can of spray paint.

I immediately walk back inside and ask for the highest person in the building (night time on a Sat). The sales manager comes up. I let him know what's going on.

The director of parts and service called me this AM and we talked. He assured me that they'd have everything fixed by Thurs...

If I don't have a truck that's 100% by Monday then I'm picking up my truck, taking it to another shop to be inspected and taking it to a body shop to be fixed. I'll then add up my damages to include time off work, loss of use of my vehicle (prorated monthly payment and insurance), cost of a rental while the additional repairs are being performed, gas money, etc. and I'll head right over to the court house and fill out a warrent in debt. We'll see what the courts have to say about this....

Last edited by davewvu86; 01-28-2008 at 08:44 PM.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:03 PM
Wow...

Where the semi hit it?

Old 01-28-2008, 09:09 PM
Wow...

Where the semi hit it?
Upper corner of the painted section of the front bumper on the passenger side. The top of mine is painted and the bottom is chrome.

I seriously don't think this could get any worse if they tried. Hell I coudn't even have made up an experience this bad at a dealer...

My Dad, my best friend, and my girlfriend's dad each own their own shop. Together they've owned and run their own shops for over 20 years. None of them have ever even heard of an experience like this....and yes, this means I have several free and very qualified professional witnesses...maybe going to court isn't such a bad idea....

Old 01-29-2008, 09:31 AM
That is crazy.
I am not one to promote frivolous litigation but this is ridiculous.
It may be different if you were mentally ill or had unreasonable expectations, I know that is not the case though.

Old 01-29-2008, 12:06 PM
That is crazy.
I am not one to promote frivolous litigation but this is ridiculous.
It may be different if you were mentally ill or had unreasonable expectations, I know that is not the case though.
Yeah, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a rather simple mechanical issue to be fixed on the first or second visit without incurring collateral body damage to the vehicle...we're on vist 5...

I'm hoping they just fix my truck. I can't wait for the factory warrenty to be up so I'm no longer stuck going to these morons.

Quick Reply: bad injectors, coil packs, plugs, broken plugs all at 30k miles