Mobil 1 oil change intervals

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 09:27 PM
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
For the record, I do not use Mobil 1 in my 2007 F150. It is new, and I baby it with Royal Purple.

http://ford.off-road.com/ford/articl....jsp?id=199191

ROYAL PURPLE INTRODUCES SYNTHETIC 5W20 MOTOR OIL

Royal Purple, Ltd. now offers a synthetic 5W20 motor oil that provides improved performance through a reduction in power-robbing friction. It is SL/GF-3 certified, and meets or exceeds manufacturer’s warranty requirements for those domestic and import vehicles that specify use of an SAE 5W20 motor oil.

Significant advantages are gained from a special blend of synthetic oils —plus Royal Purple’s proprietary Synerlec® additive technology— which coats all engine parts with a tough, lubricating film that remains after shutdown. This provides immediate lubrication at startup and valuable protection to the engine.

The exclusive Synerlec® additive technology also allows engines to operate with improved efficiency, which results in increased horsepower, better fuel mileage, longer oil life, superior engine protection and reduced exhaust emissions. Its natural solvency clears deposits and keeps engines clean.

Royal Purple, Ltd. offers a complete line of automotive products for street and high performance use. For more information, contact Royal Purple, Ltd. at 888.382.6300 or One Royal Purple Lane, Porter, Texas 77365 or visit the company’s web site at http://www.royalpurple.com/

Ford@Off-Road.com

Old 12-24-2007, 11:16 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah Royal Purple is nice but its just so expensive

Old 12-24-2007, 11:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=312862

Here is a link that mmight help you...

Old 12-24-2007, 11:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by scott1981
I have never been impressed with FRAM products, stick with EOM to make sure you have a quality filter designed for your engine
Someday, cut open a Fram filter and take a good look at it. It looks like the filter material is made out of cardboard! I my self trust Motorcraft (hell they made the truck, they know whats good for it) and K&N oil filters. Both have the silicone anti-drainback valve, and meet/exceed the OEM specs... just my $.02

Old 12-25-2007, 08:32 AM
When I've used Mobil 1 or German Castrol I've run 10K intervals. Any SM rated oil should be fine for the Ford recommended 5K interval. I prefer Motorcraft filters but have used others.

Old 12-26-2007, 12:16 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by PhqChevys
Someday, cut open a Fram filter and take a good look at it. It looks like the filter material is made out of cardboard! I my self trust Motorcraft (hell they made the truck, they know whats good for it) and K&N oil filters. Both have the silicone anti-drainback valve, and meet/exceed the OEM specs... just my $.02
Thats the same way I feel about it

Old 12-26-2007, 09:37 AM
I've been doing 8k intervals but I'm thinking about going back to 6k after talking with Troyer. Troyer recommended every 3k but I can't afford to change my oil once a month.

Old 12-26-2007, 01:29 PM
Mobil 1 and MC filter FTW

The Motorcraft filters are cheap AND work great

Old 12-26-2007, 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by Steelers
When I've used Mobil 1 or German Castrol I've run 10K intervals. Any SM rated oil should be fine for the Ford recommended 5K interval. I prefer Motorcraft filters but have used others.

be careful European oils have more additives than US oils. due to ther high price of petro products in Europe the mfg's recommend longer OC intervals- and the oil mfg's put more additives in the European oils to support the longer OC intervals. ask BMW about the 15,000 miles intervals on US oils-major problems due to sludge build up.

Old 12-26-2007, 02:44 PM
Originally Posted by PhqChevys

so FRAM uses a paper end cap-the filter media is a good quality media, just a few less pleats than a higher priced filter. fewer pleats means shorter filter life but also less pressure drop. what good are metal end caps on the filter media- the filter media will blow out before the end caps so why not match the strength of the end caps to the filter media?

Quick Reply: Mobil 1 oil change intervals