Time-Sert Repair Complete!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 05:33 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Time-Sert Repair Complete!!!!!

Well, I literally just walked in the house from installing the Time-Sert repair job on my #2 plug. (yes, I said #3 in my other thread...I misspoke)

The kit...W-O-W. Talk about a box of quality parts. The directions in the kit are straight off the website, so no brainer there. EVERYTHING you need is in the kit...everything, except a couple very basic hand tools. This kit is almost, I'd say 98.774% idiot proof also. If you are even 1/4 of the way decent with hand tools, you can do this repair at home.

I also discovered that as long as you can swing the socket, you can make this repair. This kit is completely designed to work in a blind hole. You don't need to see what you are doing, and you still can't mess it up. It would be almost impossible to get a hole crooked (sp??) or crossthreaded with this kit.

I took me about 2 hours being ****, and making sure I did everything right. Next one will be an hour to 90 minutes tops...if there is a next one

Now that it's over, I even think the stupid truck runs better than it did before. I think that that cyl may have been leaking past the plug ever so slightly to cause just enough of an off-perfect running condition. Oh well...fixed now!

Also, barring any website protocol or bad practices, my kit is "for rent". If interested, obviously I have some terms, but please contact me via e-mail or PM. If I have overstepped some bounds or broken protocol by offering to rent my kit, then my sincerest apologies go out to the moderators...That is not my intent. Only trying to help out our members so we all don't have to go out and spend $400 on this sucker

Old 10-20-2007, 05:54 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Congrats - bet you wish you new it was that easy sooner.

That's some great info Galaxy - I don't recall anyone fixing a blowout themselves and posting results.

I have a question - Is it possible to repair #4 and #8 with this kit ? Would it work , is there enough room?

Old 10-20-2007, 06:17 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
That's awsome, I would love to use that kit

Old 10-20-2007, 08:27 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Yes...you could do the back cyl's with this kit. You can use it completely blind. Obviously not as easy, but as long as there's enough room to swing a ratchet, you can make it happen.

I thought about making this a "how to" thread with pics and stuff, but there really isn't much to add over Time-Serts instructions. Maybe a few personal experiences, but their instructions are great.

Quick Reply: Time-Sert Repair Complete!!!!!