MSD Dashhawk

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 04:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question MSD Dashhawk

Do any of y’all have the MSD Dashhawk in your truck? What do you think of it? I don’t need a programmer because I upgraded from a 1994 F-150 straight six five speed to a 2007 F-150 5.4 Auto. I have plenty of power for the foreseeable future. I bought an XL Super cab and it didn’t come with a tachometer. I also like the ability to monitor Trans temp.

Old 09-09-2007, 04:40 PM
It's an Edge Evolution without the power programming abilities. Spend the extra $100 and enjoy the increased power and increased gas mileage.

Old 09-09-2007, 05:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yuppp spend the extra bucks for he evo... you can firm up your shifts some and get more power. I haven't had any luck getting better milage myself.....

Old 09-09-2007, 05:43 PM
Originally Posted by chris1450
yuppp spend the extra bucks for he evo... you can firm up your shifts some and get more power. I haven't had any luck getting better milage myself.....
Try running level 3 on 93 octane with the timing bumped up. I'd get 16.75MPG at 85-90 MPH.

Old 09-09-2007, 06:22 PM
I have the Dashhawk and love it. I have a troyer tuner so I didn't need the ability of the tuner that edge offered. The only thing I'v noticed that I don't like is that there is no average miles of fuel used. I have an FX4 so I don't have that feature. Hopefully MSG updates for this feature soon.

Old 09-09-2007, 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by jjfx407
I have the Dashhawk and love it. I have a troyer tuner so I didn't need the ability of the tuner that edge offered. The only thing I'v noticed that I don't like is that there is no average miles of fuel used. I have an FX4 so I don't have that feature. Hopefully MSG updates for this feature soon.
Average miles of fuel used??? You mean like Average Miles Per Gallon? My Edge Evo displayed that...

Old 09-09-2007, 10:04 PM
Zaairman/Chris1450. Thanks for Your thoughts on the edge power adder. But like i said, I don't need any more power.

Old 09-09-2007, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by Zaairman
Try running level 3 on 93 octane with the timing bumped up. I'd get 16.75MPG at 85-90 MPH.
Dang, you only get 16.75 @ 85 mph? I'm assuming about 2200 rpm?

My 4.6 Screw gets 19.42 mpg at 85.. AF1 intake and Borla cat-back... No tunes yet, 87 oct... Troyer Xcal2 on order but not here yet.

I'm giving a lot of thought to the Dashhawk tho.. I'd like to have those readouts..

Old 09-09-2007, 10:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ehlersad
Zaairman/Chris1450. Thanks for Your thoughts on the edge power adder. But like i said, I don't need any more power.

NP... but you might want to reconcider a tune... like the edge. It makes the drivability SO much better than stock. I would never drive stock again. No throttle lag, firmer shifts (promots longer tranny life) Better throttle response.. and some see better milage. It was like a totally different truck. Well worth the bucks. It isn't just for straight line performance. It will help a lot if you tow anything too.

Old 09-09-2007, 11:09 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

What the Dashhawk can do that the Edge can't ....

Display up to 100 PID's (Edge - only a couple dozen)

Shift light

Analog input for a wideband, etc...

What about a ScanGauge II ? Trans temp display is supposed to be pending on those soon. It has lots of mileage & trip comp functions. It's cheaper too lol.

Fek it - just go for a SCT Livewire and have it all !

Old 09-09-2007, 11:27 PM
Originally Posted by MGDfan

What the Dashhawk can do that the Edge can't ....

Display up to 100 PID's (Edge - only a couple dozen)

Shift light

Analog input for a wideband, etc...

What about a ScanGauge II ? Trans temp display is supposed to be pending on those soon. It has lots of mileage & trip comp functions. It's cheaper too lol.

Fek it - just go for a SCT Livewire and have it all !

Bubba, I gave a lot of thought to the Livewire, but everything I've read on here says there are firmware problems.. have those been addressed? i.e., the on-line support, the dim or scrambled display... ??

Livewire would be the way I wanted to go, but the reported issues made me go Xcal 2 and consider another gauge reader..

Old 09-09-2007, 11:30 PM
Originally Posted by TexEdition
Bubba, I gave a lot of thought to the Livewire, but everything I've read on here says there are firmware problems.. have those been addressed? i.e., the on-line support, the dim or scrambled display... ??

Livewire would be the way I wanted to go, but the reported issues made me go Xcal 2 and consider another gauge reader..

Hi Tex - it's being worked on. I say in about 6 months or so - much like the maturing phase of the Xcal2 life cycle ...

bubba

Old 09-09-2007, 11:43 PM
That leads to the next obvious question... lol

Do ya reckon MT would consider trading the Xcal 2 in for the Livewire for say only the diff in price of the hardware? And would the tunes written for the Xcal work on the Livewire?

I covet the Livewire, as ya can see... lol... but if getting MT's tunes on a reliable flash device means Xcal, then that's what I'll stick with...

Those displays aren't TOO expensive, are they?..

Old 09-09-2007, 11:48 PM
Originally Posted by TexEdition
That leads to the next obvious question... lol

Do ya reckon MT would consider trading the Xcal 2 in for the Livewire for say only the diff in price of the hardware? And would the tunes written for the Xcal work on the Livewire?

I covet the Livewire, as ya can see... lol... but if getting MT's tunes on a reliable flash device means Xcal, then that's what I'll stick with...

Those displays aren't TOO expensive, are they?..

Tunes, if in LL3 format, will load right up. The same.

You'll need to barter that trade-up deal with MT. Not sure of the residual value of an Xcal2 these days...

Good luck!

Old 09-09-2007, 11:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The last time I looked at the Livewire it was a beta version that was marketed with bad user feedback. Maybe that has changed?

Maybe this one is what you need:
http://www.scangauge.com/

Quick Reply: MSD Dashhawk