Block heater

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 07:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Block heater

I know this is the wrong time of year for one but Im moving to northern Wisconsin and my truck will be outside. my truck doesnt have a block heater so Im wanting to add one or whatever works best. Any suggestions would be a major help. I have a 4.6 L V8, 2003...

Old 03-31-2011, 08:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
im in northern ohio where it gets pretty cold during the winter with alot of snow, thanks lake erie. anyways, i installed the freeeze plug style block heater. it works ok, i have heat pretty quickly after start up, alot quicker than without the heater. my truck doesnt get the garage so its covered in ice, snow, and frost. i was going through alot of gas just idleing every moring before work to get the windows clear and some heat in the cab. now its just a few minutes and the windows clear quickly and i have heat alot sooner in my trip to work. and i am using less gas due to shorter idle times in the morning. i got my element and cable from ford, no aftermarket for me. easy install, there is a drain plug in the block for the coolant. i plug my extension cord into a gfi outlet in my garage and keep the truck plugged in all the time. it had very little effect on my electric bill.

Quick Reply: Block heater