burnin oil

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 09:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
burnin oil

well,i think i may have finally run into some serious engine failures. my truck is burnin the hell out of oil smokin like a freight train and i can hear a little tick,that could be the exhaust leak but i doubt it. it sounds more mechanical. its been burnin a little more oil than usual for a while and smoked a little when i first started it but now its really bad. i'm thinkin its the #4 exhaust valve. the studs on the manifold have been broke for a long time its never leaked really bad so i just didn't mess with it and i believe it might've come back to bite me in the ***. any thoughts? i'm gonna try changin the pcv tomorrow but i seriously doubt its made it smoke that bad. i think i'm gonna be purchasin some heads. i was wonderin how much others have spent on replacement heads so i'll have an idea if i tear it down and the heads are too far gone. or if it will just be cheaper than machining and everything

Old 08-10-2007, 10:54 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
With that many miles I would go for a new engine. If the heads can be saved, they will probably cost half of what a new engine with a 3 yr. warrenty would be.

Quick Reply: burnin oil