programing???

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 02:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
programing???

Anyone know of a good tuner, possibilty with a dyno, around southern oklahoma? I would be willing to go to OKC or maybe Dallas but it would have to be a same day dea. I have the hypertec power programer now and i am unhappy with it latley. i would kinda like to have a coustom tune and im looking at Troyer Performance. whats the price range they charge. im not supercharged or anything. I know the truck could be running better and id like to see what it dose on the dyno. look ant the sig. for a list of mods i will be adding highflow cats, and larger throutle body before the tune and what elce should i do? any help or suggestions are welcomed

Last edited by polpilot; 07-09-2007 at 04:15 AM.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:27 AM
Tuning

Polpilot,custom tuning is the way to go,but dyno time is expensive.Troyer can put together a custom tuner for you for about $500.00.I run a Diablo in mine.As far as the "goodies" you have,you've got the major stuff covered,intake,exhaust so you should be gtg.If you just want your truck to run faster,have you thought about swapping out the gears in your rearend?I see you have the 3.73's,a set of 4.10's will really wake up your truck.I installed a set about a year ago and wow,gears are a mod where you feel the difference immedately,quick out of the hole,lots of power in the middle,you kind of fall of @ top end,but its alot of fun getting there.I hope this helped,good luck.

Old 07-09-2007, 05:49 AM
I would do the pulley's and e-fans before getting tuned again.

Troyer is better than Hypertech but you will still probably only get another 5-10hp w/him and there is normally a 2 month wait for a custom tune.

Old 07-09-2007, 06:17 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Definitely 4.10's

97- 03 models 4.10's is an awesome upgrade.

04 - present models I would get the tunes first. They are seriously under tuned from the factory..

Old 07-09-2007, 06:40 AM
Originally Posted by jbrew
Definitely 4.10's

97- 03 models 4.10's is an awesome upgrade.

04 - present models I would get the tunes first. They are seriously under tuned from the factory..
HAHA i JUST put 3.73s on

and i think im gonna have to pay 200 to get the idle back to where it needs to be agin so why not pay a extra 200 for a Troyer program

Old 07-09-2007, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by polpilot
HAHA i JUST put 3.73s on

and i think im gonna have to pay 200 to get the idle back to where it needs to be agin so why not pay a extra 200 for a Troyer program

What kinduh cats you running?

You still have an air leak or your IAC has something in it - You no longer have the black box- That screwing up youir iidle - did you try putting your stock intake back on.

You'll actually gain more staightening your intake out - it's f'ed up bad , your setups wrong..

A stock CIA w/K&N DROPIN is better than what your running, your IAC needs that black box..

OR - use your 3-3.5" with a MAF adapter. Your idle can be fixed , you just have to staighten things out..

A tune won't help your situation..Taking it in for a tune - they will tell you the same thing..

You have to fix it and you can with the original equipment ..

Last edited by jbrew; 07-09-2007 at 07:14 AM.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:06 AM
What kinduh cats you running?
none now but im looking at these
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-5-C...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 07-09-2007, 07:22 AM
i dont have the stock intake and what "black box" are you talking about. i dont know where air is leaking, ive checked and rechecked everything.

About 8 to 12 months ago i took it in to a place we have here in town. and the guy told me that my MAF sencer was sending to wrong signles (it used to come off every once and a wile) and thats what was causing the high idle. that cant be the case now cuz i didnt start it w/o the MAF. so........ idk

im goind by ford today maybe i can tald one of the tecs into looking at it for me

Last edited by polpilot; 07-09-2007 at 07:25 AM.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:24 AM

With no cats , you should still be able to get the idle right - Mannn , you must have about 0 torque right now - specially w/flowbastids

Still , you should be able to capture a 750 RPM idle speed.

You want your truck to have torque and power.

Fix your intake first and think about re-doing your exhaust . Sell those shorties if you can . Get a set of good longtubes , Magnaflow High Flow cats (just one per side) and two 18" Magnaflow Mufflers and you'll see a world of difference.. Like 20 RWHP. - AND the frickin thing will idle..

Old 07-09-2007, 07:26 AM

i dont have the stock intake and what "black box" are you talking about. i dont know where air is leaking, ive checked and rechecked everything.

About 8 to 12 months ago i took it in to a place we have here in town. and the guy told me that my MAF sencer was sending to wrong signles (it used to come off every once and a wile) and thats what was causing the high idle. that cant be the case now cuz i didnt start it w/o the MAF. so........ idk
Your MAF is sending the right signal - your IAC tube isn't right..

It suppose to look like this , look at the pic , theres a big black box by you TB going from the intake to your IAC ..Yours is gone???

http://www.fordf150.net/howto/throttlebodyclean.php

Last edited by jbrew; 07-09-2007 at 07:30 AM.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:43 AM
Your MAF is sending the right signal - your IAC tube isn't right..

It suppose to look like this , look at the pic , theres a big black box by you TB going from the intake to your IAC ..Yours is gone???

http://www.fordf150.net/howto/throttlebodyclean.php
as far as i know it never had one. it have the factory air box when i bought the truck. and i JUST bought 2 high flow cats ($85-ebay) will go on soon. but i really dont know about that box ill ask them at ford

Is this the muffler?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MAGNA...28675077QQrdZ1

Last edited by polpilot; 07-09-2007 at 07:49 AM.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:07 AM
for custome tuning options get a SCT Xcal or a Diablo sport. Diablo is more common but SCT has more tuning capabilities.

Old 07-09-2007, 09:00 AM

as far as i know it never had one. it have the factory air box when i bought the truck. and i JUST bought 2 high flow cats ($85-ebay) will go on soon. but i really dont know about that box ill ask them at ford

Is this the muffler?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MAGNA...28675077QQrdZ1

Has the truck ever idled right? Yes those are the right mufflers but you should waited on those cats .. I would have suggested that you copy the link off ebay , present that price to performance peddler telling them you would rather have MAGNAFLOW cats and they prolly would have matched it - that's what they have the make offer deal there for..

Last edited by jbrew; 07-09-2007 at 09:05 AM.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:31 AM
yes the truck idled right before i cleaned the TB and i got the part # for the "black box" its the air bypass valve inlet tube assy. CHECK OUT http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/59...scription.html its a silancer it dont do anything.

We dont have any proformance shops here so i do all my stuff online i think they will work and ill think about the mufflers. i like the ones i have now how can they be that diffrent?

Last edited by polpilot; 07-09-2007 at 09:43 AM.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:47 AM

yes the truck idled right before i cleaned the TB and i got the part # for the "black box" its the air bypass valve inlet tube assy. CHECK OUT http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/59...scription.html its a silancer it dont do anything.

We dont have any proformance shops here so i do all my stuff online i think they will work and ill think about the mufflers. i like the ones i have now how can they be that diffrent?

No lol , nice try tho - The silencer in these trucks is in your stock intake- What your missing is not the silencer ..

Quick Reply: programing???