Autolite spark plugs double plat. in a ford?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 12:31 PM
BSA
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Autolite spark plugs double plat. in a ford?

I did my first plug change and used autolites. My taurus is a 97 3.0. Got a code saying cylinder 3 misfire. So I pulled the new plug and replaced it, now waiting to see if a code will pop up again. Anyway, the guy told me I should have went with motorcraft because the fords dont like autolites.

Is this true, should I pull the new autolites and replace with motorcraft?

Thanks a bunch.

Old 04-16-2007, 01:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whoever the guy is that said fords dont like Autolites, has no idea what he is talking about. Ive had both a 97 F150 5.4 triton and now a 01 F150 SC 5.4 triton, and found the Autolite Double Platnuim to be the best plug to run in a ford engine overall. The Double Platnuim is all i will recommend to customers when they come into Checker Auto Parts for a ford engine.

Old 04-16-2007, 02:54 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by BSA
I did my first plug change and used autolites. My taurus is a 97 3.0. Got a code saying cylinder 3 misfire. So I pulled the new plug and replaced it, now waiting to see if a code will pop up again. Anyway, the guy told me I should have went with motorcraft because the fords dont like autolites.

Is this true, should I pull the new autolites and replace with motorcraft?

Thanks a bunch.

Yes , very true - even though Auto lite makes Motorcraft plugs there different- You can put those plugs side by side and they even look the same. My truck went 40 miles then Misfired on AutoLites Double platinums.

The best plug is what the manufacturer uses = The OEM Motorcrafts

Quick Reply: Autolite spark plugs double plat. in a ford?