Fumoto Valve

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 12:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fumoto Valve

Anyone use these. If so any problems/concerns in a 05 150?

Old 04-14-2007, 01:10 AM
I can only speak for mine which is an Excursion with a 6.0. I wouldn't NOT have one! It makes oil changes a 20 minute breeze, that most of that is draining the 3 1/2 gallons of oil. I have the on with the nipple but mines high enough and protected from getting hit.

They are awesome for getting samples for oil analysis as well.

That may not really help you unless you're concerned about the quality of the valve, and it's top notch!

Old 04-14-2007, 03:48 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I love the one on my CV. It drains noticeably slower than the stock bolt, but I spend that time digging out the oil, prefilling the filter, etc., so it's not really a disadvantage. And considering that the entire job can be done without ANY tools & very little mess, it's worth the wait, anyway.

If you do something that breaks the valve off, you'd have punched a hole in the pan or flipped the truck, even with the stock bolt, so that's not really an issue.

Old 04-14-2007, 10:01 AM
I highly recommend them. I have them on all my vehicles. They make oil changes rediculously easy and there's no worries of stripping the threads on the oil plug & pan.

I would suggest putting a smidge of red RTV on the threads when installing them. In case the gaskette tears when you put it on, the RTV will stop any drips/leaks.

My only complaint that is occasionally some idiot at an oil change outfit will remove the entire valve instead of just opening it. Even though the valve is rather tough, these same morons always manage to damage it when they take it off.

Old 04-14-2007, 11:41 AM
i agree they work very well but do the oil change yourself, the guys at the oil change shops don't like them they take too much time to drain.

Old 04-15-2007, 07:17 PM
Thanks all. I'll try one at the next oil change!!!! Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Fumoto Valve