Help! Fuel, shuddering and other bad stuff.

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 01:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help! Fuel, shuddering and other bad stuff.

Just bought my first F150, a 2003 about six months ago. And I love it! But about a month ago, I started getting horrible gas mileage, the truck shakes once I get over 55 mph and makes it feels like I'm driving it hard, and it seems to 'lurch' when I first put it in gear. Any ideas on where I should start? I've looked around on the forums and found it could be any numerous of things, but I don't know where to start, I'm in college and so money is tight right now. Thanks for all your help! Oh, also there are no check engine lights or anything.

Last edited by doctorjdx; 04-09-2007 at 01:10 PM.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:55 PM
BSL
how many miles, I'd go with a new filter and clean your injectors, you should be able to do that relatively cheap (<$100 if you do the filter yourself and have someone else do the injectors), add a $4 pcv valve and thats a good start. COPs eventually if you're over 70,000. good luck

Old 04-09-2007, 02:14 PM
Have you pushed your truck when its shuddering to force a code? Sometimes you have to really push that accelrator to get a code to show. Then you can maybe get a real diagnosis and help from the good folks here. Thatrs what worked for me.
Good luck.

Quick Reply: Help! Fuel, shuddering and other bad stuff.