45 flashes of the check engin light

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 06:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
45 flashes of the check engin light

2000 f-150 4.6 truck sputtering and check engin light comes on and flashes 45 times but does not stay on ? this happens off and on when under load any thoughts? had simmilar prob with a bad cop 3 months ago? maby another cop?? but this time the light flashes instesd of staying on? cant read the code because the lite wont stay solid????

Old 10-25-2006, 06:23 PM
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
The code should be stored blinking light or not. Did you get it scanned?

Adrianspeeder

Old 10-25-2006, 07:48 PM
the ford dealer told me that they cant scan it because the light did not stay on?? sounds strange. i went out to look under the hood and started it up and the light is now on steady. so ill go get it scaned. it has almost 100k on it and few months ago i replaced a cop. do these cop's tend to go out one at a time with out warning . it feels like a cop , i mean the truck acts like it did when the 1st cop went bad ? thanks

Old 10-26-2006, 07:53 AM
Originally Posted by f-150dearkiller
the ford dealer told me that they cant scan it because the light did not stay on?? sounds strange. i went out to look under the hood and started it up and the light is now on steady. so ill go get it scaned. it has almost 100k on it and few months ago i replaced a cop. do these cop's tend to go out one at a time with out warning . it feels like a cop , i mean the truck acts like it did when the 1st cop went bad ? thanks
take it back to ford say i want my money back the light is on now.. tell them i want to talk to the manager if not the owner.. you got screwed over sounds to me that they didnt do a thing ... so you shouldnt have to pay anything .. but before you go to ford take it to autozone and have them scan it first with thier scanner get some kind of info before you go back to ford to prove to them you go a problem

Old 10-26-2006, 05:30 PM
had it scaned at auto zone today. came back cyl 7 missfire same as three months ago??? i changed the plug and new cop last time (3 months ago ) is my cop bad already in a 3 month time? dont know why im missing on the same cylnder? truck is almost at 100k and 3 months ago put in all new plugs 1 new cop on #7 and had a moto-vac done . please help , do cops go bad this quick? or is this a injector prob, i tend not to think its a injector because of the recent cleaning (moto-vac)

Old 10-26-2006, 09:55 PM
had it scaned at auto zone today. came back cyl 7 missfire same as three months ago??? i changed the plug and new cop last time (3 months ago ) is my cop bad already in a 3 month time? dont know why im missing on the same cylnder? truck is almost at 100k and 3 months ago put in all new plugs 1 new cop on #7 and had a moto-vac done . please help , do cops go bad this quick? or is this a injector prob, i tend not to think its a injector because of the recent cleaning (moto-vac)
are you cop's motorcraft or and offbrand? sounds like you got another problem and its causing that cylinder to recieve the fault trace back where the cop goes from spark plug and go reverse see if what its plugged into isnt going bad.. might try some electric cleaner that way its making contact correctly.. ill do some looking and keep ya informed..

Old 10-27-2006, 07:22 AM
Originally Posted by brandonhadnot
are you cop's motorcraft or and offbrand? sounds like you got another problem and its causing that cylinder to recieve the fault trace back where the cop goes from spark plug and go reverse see if what its plugged into isnt going bad.. might try some electric cleaner that way its making contact correctly.. ill do some looking and keep ya informed..
the cop is motocraft dg508. i took it apart frome the spark plug the plug being 4 months old looked new and the cop looked new all connections looked good. now i didnt use dioletric greese when i installed this cop 3 months ago does this mean anything. didnt use greese because a guy told me the greese is used so the cop doesnt stick to the plug?

Trending Topics

Old 10-27-2006, 10:45 AM
well... your suppose to use it.. irregardless of what anyone says... cause if you dont.. it will burn your wires and plug if any moisture gets in and hits it.. i use it its better to be safe then sorry.. you dont want it to stick you want it secured and away from risking of any moisture gettin in .. do you know your getting spark thru the cop.. ? theres a water spray bottle as a mist ...test you can do its an old fashion way to see if your wires are getting spark you should be getting some kind of code.. unbolt your battery cables bout bout 15-30 mins let the cpu reset itself .. go in to learn mode.. and see if it does it again

Old 10-27-2006, 12:48 PM
can a 3 month cop go bad??? keep in mind new plug new cop no greese?

Old 10-27-2006, 03:40 PM
yes it can.. its manmade anything can go bad in 3 months could be burnt not making contact correctly

Old 10-27-2006, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by brandonhadnot
yes it can.. its manmade anything can go bad in 3 months could be burnt not making contact correctly
so greese will help the cop from not burning up?

Old 10-29-2006, 06:13 AM
so greese will help the cop from not burning up?
yes it will ... but you may have already burnt up your cop.. need to make sure its getting fire .. and then grease like a fat woman rolled in flour

Old 10-31-2006, 12:18 PM
And they do say you should replace all your COPs and wires at once - and, I suppose, your plugs, too.

Quick Reply: 45 flashes of the check engin light