Need to buy new fuel pump.

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 11:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need to buy new fuel pump.

Well, its final I'm going to need a new fuel pump for my 2001 f-150 supercrew 4x4 with the 5.4L. I'm not going to be drag racing or really towing very much so I did the searces here but did not see much on cost for a replacement fuel pump. What do you think would be a reasonable cost for a new fuel pump. Also I live in San antonio TX and was wondering if anyone here might know of a good place to buy one. Or should I buy a repair kit? I could use some advice.

Thanks.

MP

Old 10-18-2006, 12:22 AM
Depending on your brand of choice, the price of fuel pumps usually range from $166 - $300. I think Airtex is the cheapest.

Old 10-20-2006, 08:24 PM
What about this one.

Anyone had any luck buying fuel pumps from Napa? I went ahead and called the ford dealer knowing they were going to try and give me the chorizo on the price(279) for a new one. NO thanks ford. So Napa has one for about 208. Sounds like a good price. Are any of you wild cats fixing you own fuel pumps?
I'm draining the tank right now as we speek sshhhhhhh.

Horale someone respond....

Old 10-22-2006, 12:42 AM
whoa....

Hey
I have the same need. One of these forums had a posting of the specific fuel line to use and a source for it @ $1.50 / 6" piece. I think that was a break given to customers who bought a fuel pump from this vendor. Claims to have been in bus. for long time and operates kind of low tech., doesn't do paypal and is O.K. with checks. His pumps are about $100 for your vehicle and warrantied as well. I have misplaced this info. so if you find it please drop me a line. Thanks,
-M.C.

Old 10-22-2006, 02:30 AM
Well I almost got it done.

I must say the part I got from NAPA has a really great warranty which is free replacment for life!. All that said I finally go the fuel lines disconnected and replaced my fuel filter then started to drop in my new fuel pump and ???? Well they gave me the wrong one. or I should say the one for the 120 wheel base instead of the 139. the one they gave me is to long so I will have to take it back. But one thing I did find out was my fuel pump failed do the the filter falling up and cloggin up the line. So on monday I'll have to get them to give me the right one. But now I have a new fuel filter in and the tank down ready for my new fuel pump...

Quick Reply: Need to buy new fuel pump.